PDA

View Full Version : Holy #$%^&

Pages : [1] 2

Excessive Detail
06-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Oh my god and I lucky, I just walked outside to leave and remote started my car, and guess what, it was in reverse. Short story, is started to back, jumped the curve and back inot my into my apartment wall, holy freakin #$%^ I'm still shaking, luckily hardly any damage was done, only some paint from the builiding that I know I can get out. It probably was a funny site, but scared the #### out of me. I thought I had set up the remote start to prevent that, I guess that the motor was to stong. Warning to others don't put remote starts on standards.

Ivan Rajic
06-25-2007, 11:50 AM
remote start is for women... or men who don't want to go out and warm up their woman's car

Glad there wasn't too much damage

greg'sgoat
06-25-2007, 11:58 AM
That is why God invented the parking brake.

Good thing it was only paint transfer.

Truls
06-25-2007, 12:13 PM
That would be a sight, a car with no one init starts jumping int the wall.

Glad you didnt get any big dents etc

Nica
06-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Man I can just picture you jumping when this happened...glad to hear nothing serious happened.

devst8
06-25-2007, 12:51 PM
happed to my co-worker a couple of years ago. but he wasn't lucky like you hehe

supercharged
06-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Be sure to use parking brake next time.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-25-2007, 01:24 PM
remote start is for women... or men who don't want to go out and warm up their woman's car

I don't know about that one... Don't know where you live but once things drop to about -10 and it the car a good amount of time to warm up you may change your mind on that one!!!

Regardless, glad you are ok and that no substantial damaged was incurred.

I bet you coulda won $10k bucks if you had a video to send to americas funniest home videos

bossboy
06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
There are remote starts made to prevent you from being in gear to start your car.
Check out some of the Compustar ones.
It requires you to be in neutral and have the ebrake up. Otherwise it will NOT remote start your car.

Safest thing ever for standards and remote starts ;)

P1et
06-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow, so did it just run into the wall and the engine was still running? Or did it stall?

AUdakota
06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
that is funny, It would be better if it got up against the wall and was spinning the tires in the grass to try and keep going.

Mike T
06-25-2007, 03:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/bevelheadgrl/thud.gif

Excessive Detail
06-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow, so did it just run into the wall and the engine was still running? Or did it stall?

I thought once the back tires hit the curb it would stop, but nope, then I figured maybe the front tires might stall it, but agan nope, it slowed it down a bit, but still hit then wall, and then it stalled, but it tried to restart again, all remote starts will try to start three times if it doesn't catch a consant tach signal. I was finally able to get up off the ground, the back door actaully knocked me down, finally I was able to get up and hit the foot brake, which cuts of the remote start.

Excessive Detail
06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Be sure to use parking brake next time.

The parking brake was up, but I guess I hadn't pulled it up far enough, a starting motor has a lot of power behind it.

Excessive Detail
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
There are remote starts made to prevent you from being in gear to start your car.
Check out some of the Compustar ones.
It requires you to be in neutral and have the ebrake up. Otherwise it will NOT remote start your car.

Safest thing ever for standards and remote starts ;)

i have mine set up basically the same way, except for having it to be in neutral, I have actaully been working on a setup of hoodpins to prevent it from starting unless it is in neutral, but I haven't had time to finish it, man I wish I would have finished that.