PDA

View Full Version : Critique my website

Pages : [1] 2

ROB_302
11-20-2013, 01:04 PM
High Desert Auto Detail - Mobile Detailing in Albuquerque NM (http://www.highdesertautodetail.com)

Hey everyone,

I've been open for almost a month now and have had 7 customers (not counting my dad and sister). I'm using Adwords and Facebook for advertising as well as giving friends and family business cards to hand out. I realize I just started and it takes time to build a customer base but I'm always looking for ways to improve. Approaching winter isn't helping im sure but, I'm seeing about 3-5 clicks per day from my adwords campaign. I want to convert more of those clicks into appointments so I thought having more opinions on the website would help.

I've tried to keep the website simple, easy to read, lots of pictures, simple service packages etc. I've used many websites I've seen here on AGO as a guide while keeping it my own. Please, any critiques and advice is welcome.

PS: If anyone wants to like my Facebook page, I would return the favor.

zmcgovern45
11-20-2013, 01:51 PM
After a quick glance, I like the website. Very simple and easy to follow.

Just an idea: Offer some incentives to your customers in exchange for testimonials. I know you've only had a few customers so far, but no one likes to see a blank testimonial page :)

ph16
11-20-2013, 02:04 PM
After a quick glance, I like the website. Very simple and easy to follow.

Just an idea: Offer some incentives to your customers in exchange for testimonials. I know you've only had a few customers so far, but no one likes to see a blank testimonial page :)

Agreed....the website does look very professional.
:dblthumb2:FB liked

scottdevine
11-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Very nice site...i like the simplicity of it, but very professional looking. Nice job, the customer incentive for testimonials is also a great suggestion. sorry i can't add anything to change...nice work

KS_Detailing
11-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Its a nice site, simple lay out and easy to navigate.

Just one thing I noticed. Under your paint correction it states:

"This is our multi-step paint correction service. Reserved for (but not limited to) high end luxury, exotic, or sports vehicles"

I would change this. It sounds like your paint correction is a lucrative package not for daily drivers.

Toxix
11-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Site looks great.
Clean, easy on the eyes and easy to navigate.
I do agree w/ 04Golf's comment though.

ROB_302
11-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks to everyone for their input. I appreciate it.

I'll re-word that description. I was just trying to make a distinction between the multi-step service and the stage 3 AIO service.

Jpatchley
11-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Your website looks great, I like the color scheme as it's very desert like. I too agree with 04Golf. It sounds like that package is only for high end vehicles.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
11-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Pretty good start.

Remove the view counter on the homepage. If you want to know the number of people viewing your site and a lot more information sign up for google analytics and webmaster tools.

Change company to "About Us" in your navigation. Remove testimonials until you have some or you can quote what customers have actually said and manual enter them there. You can also link to your Google+ Local Reviews.

Change the color of the contact forum for scheduling a detail, make the background white, the red does not go with the flow of your site.

Jpatchley
11-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Also, on titles and headings, I personally like sans serif font (Ariel) and serif (times new roman or the like) for descriptions. Meaning titles are more rounded, less edgy. It's more appealing to the eyes and draws viewers in. Not too big of a deal, just a thought.

ROB_302
11-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Remove testimonials until you have some or you can quote what customers have actually said and manual enter them there. You can also link to your Google+ Local Reviews.

Is that an accepted way of doing testimonials? Quoting what customers have said? I have had all positive experiences with customers (so far) and I know what they've said. Not sure about quoting them though?

Thanks Scott and everybody else for the advice.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
11-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Great job it looks a lot better.

Maybe include a picture of yourself working (if possible) on your about page.

About the testimonials...this is how I set mine up...

About Us - Incredibly Detailed (http://www.incrediblydetailed.com/about-us/)

When you go over the final product with your client and they compliment the work ask if you could quote them on your site, they won't say no. :)

CCC4me
11-24-2013, 05:19 PM
I like it!

I somewhat agree with the suggestion to change the wording on the full correction. Maybe instead of "Reserved for (but not limited to) high end luxury, exotic, or sports vehicles." it should read: "Designed for (but not limited to) high end luxury, exotic, or sports vehicles."

ROB_302
11-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Great job it looks a lot better.

Maybe include a picture of yourself working (if possible) on your about page.

About the testimonials...this is how I set mine up...

About Us - Incredibly Detailed (http://www.incrediblydetailed.com/about-us/)

When you go over the final product with your client and they compliment the work ask if you could quote them on your site, they won't say no. :)

Ok cool I'll see about doing something similar

I like it!

I somewhat agree with the suggestion to change the wording on the full correction. Maybe instead of "Reserved for (but not limited to) high end luxury, exotic, or sports vehicles." it should read: "Designed for (but not limited to) high end luxury, exotic, or sports vehicles."

Ya I like "designed" better. Thanks

Im thinking of changing my services page to a chart style like this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7302/11037612236_c398a6354e_b.jpg

I think it will make it easier for the customer to see wha they are getting and what the differences are in each package.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
11-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Ok cool I'll see about doing something similar

Ya I like "designed" better. Thanks

Im thinking of changing my services page to a chart style like this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7302/11037612236_c398a6354e_b.jpg

I think it will make it easier for the customer to see wha they are getting and what the differences are in each package.

That's a great idea. I'm considering doing the same, but leaving what I have and at the bottom putting a chart to help clear up the confusion. :dblthumb2: