PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Glass Clean & Protect - Standalone?

Lowejackson
11-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Optimim say Opti-glass C&P can be used to compliment their glass sealant (Opti-glass) or it can be used as a standalone product. Here is the UK, Opti-glass C&P has just arrived and would cost approximately $65. For a glass sealant this is a lot of money but for a cleaner which lasts about a month this is a huge amount of money or am I missing something?

golliger
11-20-2013, 07:16 AM
I did a 50/50 on my windshield and did not notice a difference in how the water reacted when driving in the rain.
I also found it to be a bit streaky if not fully buffed. It isn't difficult, just requires a little extra buffing. If I can get a decently warm day I want to apply Opti-Glass coating and see if that makes Opti-Glass C&P act differently.

Is $65 dollars for the 2 oz. concentrate? If so, it yields a gallon of cleaner/protectant.

VP Mark
11-20-2013, 07:59 AM
It is best as a booster to a glass coating. As a stand alone cleaner sealant it will make the water not flatten out on the glass, but making it bead is a bit too much to claim.

I always pre clean before using this. It is different than most glass cleaners in that you really need to 'work' it into the glass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

FUNX650
11-20-2013, 08:16 AM
There doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of auto glass products being
marketed/advertised in the same fashion as this Optimum C&P product.

But at least one auto-glass product comes close, IMO, of doing likewise
at a lower price-point. (I'm sure there's probably others as well).

Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner With Rain Repellent, auto glass cleaner, rain repellent, rain repel, glass sealer, windshield glass cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-cleaner-rain-repellent.html)

(To WIT...With my underscoring):

"Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner with Rain Repellent has a built-in polymer glass protectant
that fills in microscopic grooves and valleys. Water and oil roll off the smooth glass.
The coating even repels dirt to keep the glass looking cleaner longer".

A six-pack (132oz.).....@ ~$25.00
By the Case (12 ea.)...@ ~$43.90

Not saying both products are the exact same chemical formulations...
Just similar means of commerce.

:)

Bob

Lowejackson
11-21-2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks for all the replies, very helpful :xyxthumbs:

ZeroSP
11-21-2013, 11:49 AM
From what I found out, using it alone on bare glass (No coating no sealants), Pinnacle Glass Cleaner easier to work on and smoother.

But on my car with Opti Glass Pro, yea the Opti Glass C&P worked better than Pinnacle, a few easy wipes and it just "melted" or "absorbed" in, just to mean no-streaking.

Non sealing glass cleaner like DP, it works just fine on both scenario since I have all 3 of them.