PDA

View Full Version : Why we shop at AG. (international buyers)

Pages : [1] 2

Thomas_K
06-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Now some of you may wonder why there are so many international coustomers on here that shop from AG rather than support our local distributors and dealers.
I have noticed around this forum that quite a few of my fellow Norwegians shop and post regularly. There is a very good reason for this.
I thought i'd give those of you from the US an example on pricing here Norway so you can see why we love AG so much.
Some of you may not belive this when you read it, but i assure you it's the truth.

Case in point: Meguiars Super Degreaser (http://www.autogeek.net/mg10801.html)
Price at AutoGeek: $14.99 which converts to 89.14NOK (Norwegian Kroner)
Price at local distributor: 839NOK which converts to $141.12. I KID YOU NOT!!

In the case of this Meguiars Degeaser i can buy five cans at AG. Have them shipped to Norway. Pay AG for shipping.
Pay the 25% tax that we have on almost all imported goods. And still not be near the price that my local dealer charges for one can.

This is just one example of the insane markups that the dealers/distributors over here operate with.
So, still any doubts as to why we shop here at AG? ;)

Meghan
06-25-2007, 07:40 AM
I think that is crazy prices, but glad we could help you out!

Tandis1
06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
And don't forget the great customer service:) And if there is anything we want to ask for, we can use the forum. This is a great place:D

agpatel21
06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
WOW... I dont even want to know the mark ups on the cars there!!!!

Thomas_K
06-25-2007, 08:27 AM
And don't forget the great customer service:) And if there is anything we want to ask for, we can use the forum. This is a great place:D Thats stating the obvious. ;)

And agpatel21, just incase you change your mind...
A fully loaded five seater Chevy Tahoe will run you appx. 1,2million NOK. ($200.000)

Tandis1
06-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Ok, then I just have to:p If I want to import a car, let's say I found a nice car in the US, 2005 Corvette cost 47 900 USD, will cost 132 000 USD! Then we just have to add all the other stuff to get licensplates on it. If I got i rigth, think so..

P1et
06-25-2007, 08:50 AM
That is unbelievable, you should just buy in bulk and resell locally!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Hmmmm (scratches head)

Sounds like a GREAT place to start an export business to....Im the MAN

devst8
06-25-2007, 01:53 PM
I just wish that shipping cost to canada would be cheaper :o

but that's not AG's fault

Truls
06-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Great prices, great customer service and a great-great forum.

richy
06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Now some of you may wonder why there are so many international coustomers on here that shop from AG rather than support our local distributors and dealers.
I have noticed around this forum that quite a few of my fellow Norwegians shop and post regularly. There is a very good reason for this.
I thought i'd give those of you from the US an example on pricing here Norway so you can see why we love AG so much.
Some of you may not belive this when you read it, but i assure you it's the truth.

Case in point: Meguiars Super Degreaser (http://www.autogeek.net/mg10801.html)
Price at AutoGeek: $14.99 which converts to 89.14NOK (Norwegian Kroner)
Price at local distributor: 839NOK which converts to $141.12. I KID YOU NOT!!

In the case of this Meguiars Degeaser i can buy five cans at AG. Have them shipped to Norway. Pay AG for shipping.
Pay the 25% tax that we have on almost all imported goods. And still not be near the price that my local dealer charges for one can.

This is just one example of the insane markups that the dealers/distributors over here operate with.
So, still any doubts as to why we shop here at AG? ;)

I think I'd be selling it out of my back door and under-cutting them.

Thomas_K
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Buying in bulk and reselling is a good idea. Except for the fact that it would be considered illegal.
It would be considered parallel import. This means that, take Meguiars in this example, have an exclusive deal with a company in Norway.
So only this company can import Meguiars products to Norway, and Meguiars can't export to any other company here in Norway.
They do infact have a monopoly on Meguiars products.

Some people have tried to buy in large quantities from places like AG and advertised their products for far less than the company that has import rights to Meguiars.
They all get shut down pretty quick.

So what i do is refer as many people as i can to places like AG.
This does absolutely nothing to improve things over here, but neither does the insane markups of the official importer.

Dust2Glory
06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Man I'm glad im not a detailer over seas... you couldn't afford to do business!!! i feel sorry for you guys. $200,000 for a Tahoe? That's insane!!!

Meghan
06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Great prices, great customer service and a great-great forum.
Ahh Truls you are soo sweet! ;) You just like the personalized service you have been getting!:p

Tandis1
06-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Can we get anything but Meguiars (and Autoglym) that is "good" stuff here? I have not seen anything at a shop. We should start import Menzerna:D