PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

Quick5Oh
06-25-2007, 04:29 AM
Hey guys and gals,
Well, first off I'm just gonna say that I am very new to car detailing but am trying to pick it up and would really like to learn. My car's paint has been going down the hill for the worst lately but I would really like to bring it back. I got my wash technique down to help eliminate swirls. But I just need to take care of the swirls and hazing in the paint already. My girlfriend and I have talked about me getting a porter cable or get the car professionally detailed so she took it upon herself to buy me a cheap orbital. I had to be thankful that she would think about it, but it wasn't what I wanted and I couldn't tell her that. Plus where she bought it wont take refunds. So anyways, my question to you guys is what is there that I can use along with this orbital along the lines of something that would remove swirls? Wax? A sealant? The reason I ask this question is because the buffer does not come with pads, just microfiber bonnets. Is there anything I can use along with these that wont require a harder pad that will help?

Thanks

ScottB
06-25-2007, 05:25 PM
the machine you are talking about, is about useless for anything more than wax/sealant removal. Not enough speed to polish your paint. You might be able to use it with a paint cleaner (Pinnacle or P21S) to help clean the paint, but you need to discuss with her the benefits of saving for something special, versus spending what she has on a substitute.

Dust2Glory
06-26-2007, 12:15 AM
the machine you are talking about, is about useless for anything more than wax/sealant removal. Not enough speed to polish your paint. You might be able to use it with a paint cleaner (Pinnacle or P21S) to help clean the paint, but you need to discuss with her the benefits of saving for something special, versus spending what she has on a substitute.

i gotta go with what killr said... no offense, but money wasted. need to explain to her that you need some power!!! i would start off with the pc or the udm (ultimate detailing machine), they're pretty much fool proof. I have a cyclo, but if you're just starting out... way expensive. for polishes, the XMT line or menzerna is the way to go. preference is the deciding factor on that.... and bonnets are only for removal. you need foam pads before any cutting will talke place, the firmer the pad the more cutting ability. hope this helps