PDA

View Full Version : Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo-Mini Review

Pats300zx
11-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Nick at PBMG was gracious enough to send me some of the new Pinnacle Black Label products to try. With the weather so nice and warm here yesterday I decided to break out the buckets one last time before retiring them for winter. A perfect time to try the BL Diamond Coating Shampoo !!!

Product-Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/pinnacle-black-label-diamond-coating-shampoo-1.gif

Product Description:
Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo restores water beading and sheeting of coatings. Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo is a hyper-concentrated, high-foaming shampoo that was designed to restore the impressive water beading and sheeting characteristics exhibited by paint and surface coatings. Crystalline nano-polymers encapsulate dirt and grime to prevent wash-induced scratches and marring. Hyper-concentrated formula only requires one pump per gallon of water.

Usage and Cost:
1 pump per gallon of water
8 oz at $29.99

Pictures:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/690/medium/get-attachment_aspx.jpg

I used about 4 good pumps for 3 gallons of water. Great suds !!!

Thoughts:

1-Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo had great cleaning ability and was very slick on the surface. The little amount that I used produced a ton of suds that lasted for the entire wash.

2-Great packaging. I loved the pump dispenser on the bottle.

3-Great smell. The scent was a mild "menthol" fragrance and was great to work with.

4-It might be considered a more costly wash soap at $30 for 8 oz. However, it seems to be extremely concentrated causing you to use less during your washes.

5-All around a great soap with great cleaning ability and suds. I have yet to try it in a foam gun or cannon.

Audi X2
11-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the great review Pat!

Evan.J
11-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the mini review!

Did yoiu happen to use this with a vehicle that was coated with the PBL coating?

Pats300zx
11-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the mini review!

Did yoiu happen to use this with a vehicle that was coated with the PBL coating?

No...I used it on my Dodge Ram which currently has BFWD as the LSP. I did however apply the BL Diamond Surface Coating and Wheel Coating to my wheels for winter prep.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
05-09-2014, 02:49 AM
Good quick review, I thought I'd bump with a question for anyone who knows. How much is in a pump? If a bottle says 1oz per gallon and it's a 32oz bottle I know exactly how long it will last. But 1 pump per gallon? I have absolutely no idea how far to expect it to go.

Eric@CherryOnTop
05-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Quebert, I have a review of this coming up too, I used 10 pumps into a measuring glass and got a little over 0.5 ounces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
05-09-2014, 01:01 PM
GREAT post ekennett! I was thinking a pump might be around 1/2 or 1/4 an ounce. My math skills are pretty abysmal, but if 10 pumps is around 1/2 an ounce that means a 32oz bottle should have maybe 600 pumps. I use a 3.5 gallon bucket so this will last a whole lot longer than I thought, so the price isn't expensive really.