PDA

View Full Version : 2 coats of 845, now what?

Pages : [1] 2

runrun411
11-18-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm getting my 2009 white Honda Pilot ready for the winter in the northeast. I applied a coat of 845 yesterday and today (allowing plenty of curing time between coats). Should I now top with a paste before a spray wax or just go straight to a spray wax like CG V07 or DG AW?
Feed back please

swanicyouth
11-18-2013, 08:31 PM
I would use Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. V7 tends to hinder beading for whatever reason.

wdmaccord
11-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Overkill IMO. Just curious why you want to top it? Are you just looking to add some extra gloss? I think 2 coats of 845 is probably all you need "protection-wise" so if you are looking to add more protection, I'd skip the topper. If you just want some additional pop, then go for it. Personally, for me...I say "it's winter" and I'm not going to overdo it until spring comes back around. Save the spray wax for after washes. :props:

So far, for final spray down after washes, I have DG AW, FK Anti-Static, and BF Polymer Spray. I've liked the Finish Kare the best with the 845 so far. The other 2 seem to drag and don't buff out as slick. Others have recommended Megs D156 which I hope to try out soon.

goodinblack
11-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Get a good spray wax now like he said ^^^^

Dogfather
11-18-2013, 08:41 PM
I think you're done. However you decide to wash during the winter you can use some AW as you dry.

runrun411
11-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Overkill IMO. Just curious why you want to top it? Are you just looking to add some extra gloss? I think 2 coats of 845 is probably all you need "protection-wise" so if you are looking to add more protection, I'd skip the topper. If you just want some additional pop, then go for it. Personally, for me...I say "it's winter" and I'm not going to overdo it until spring comes back around. Save the spray wax for after washes. :props:

So far, for final spray down after washes, I have DG AW, FK Anti-Static, and BF Polymer Spray. I've liked the Finish Kare the best with the 845 so far. The other 2 seem to drag and don't
buff out as slick. Others have recommended Megs D156 which I hope to try out soon.

Whew, I think that's some great advice. I just finished about an hour ago and was thinking I really didn't think I wanted to coat again (I did it by hand and was getting tired).

OZD 35
11-18-2013, 08:49 PM
I would not use V7. I did the same thing this past spring and it was like V7 removed the wax (845). It beaded for a day and that was it.

KillaCam
11-18-2013, 11:24 PM
I would stop at 2 coats of 845. You shouldn't need a topper for at least a few months, if that.

CDot
11-19-2013, 11:05 AM
For 2 coats of #845, I recommend a good quick detailer (Mothers Showtime works very well with Collinite). I've never used a spray wax over #845, so I can't comment on that piece. If D156/UQW works as good as people say, then that or Megs UQD might be good to take a look at as well.

MrOneEyedBoh
11-19-2013, 11:40 AM
I did my first coat of 476 Saturday and just did another coat. After this, that will be pretty much it until spring time. Its going to be too cold for bucket washes, so Im going to have to figure something out. But I will also use DG951 ( duragloss aquawax ), this stuff is amazing..

FUNX650
11-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Two coats/layers of Collinite #845 should be enough of an LSP, at this moment,
for the upcoming Wintertime.

Then, subsequently:
After any deemed-necessary vehicle wash/dry session is completed [by your choice of wash/dry method(s)]:
-Go with Optimum Car Wax (OCW) for additional UV-protection.

-If OCW is able to penetrate down, into, and through Opti-Coat Coatings, (to add the aforementioned UV-protection)...
Imagine how easily it can perform the same, identical function to an LSP such as Collinite #845!!

:)

Bob

Desertnate
11-19-2013, 11:54 AM
I think you're done. However you decide to wash during the winter you can use some AW as you dry.

:iagree:

My first reaction when seeing the thread title was, "Grab a beer, relax, and enjoy the results!"

wdmaccord
11-19-2013, 01:18 PM
For 2 coats of #845, I recommend a good quick detailer (Mothers Showtime works very well with Collinite). I've never used a spray wax over #845, so I can't comment on that piece. If D156/UQW works as good as people say, then that or Megs UQD might be good to take a look at as well.

So far the spray waxes I have tried with 845 have not worked very well. Very draggy on the paint and streaks. I've tried DGAW and BF MS Spray Wax. I've liked Finish Kare Anti-Static #146 so far. BF Polymer Spray didn't seem to play as nice (love it when BF Wet Diamond LSPs are on the paint though). Hoping to try D156 soon (and maybe Mothers Showtime with your suggestion).

Desertnate
11-19-2013, 02:26 PM
How about trying Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax? That was going to be my choice. I may hold off and not try it if other products have issues.

Shortspark
11-19-2013, 02:42 PM
After two coats of 845 follow this routine each day during the week:

Day one-top with DG AquaWax
Day two-top with Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax
Day three-top with CGs V7
Day four-top with 1Z Einszett Spray Wax
Day five-top with DP Poli Coat
Day six-top with Griot's Spray-On Wax
Day seven-top with Wofgang Deep Gloss Spritz (AM) and OCW (PM).

That should do it.