PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

Pages : [1] 2

Excessive Detail
06-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I have started to notice that a lot of my microfibers are starting to shed horribly and they don't really work worth a darn anymore. I was all my mf by themselves with micro restore and hang dry them, and still this happens. Has anyone had this problem before and does anyone have any advice. I was thinking that I might be using to much micro restore, I've heard that stuff can be harmful if not used correctly.

D
06-24-2007, 10:35 PM
I havent had any problems yet with the micro restore. I usually use about 2 oz. with the washer set on low load. My only complaint is I dont think it cleans them well enough.

Jimmie
06-24-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm using the Micro-restore. Not much. I fill the measuring space on the bottle once. No shedding problems so far. Every once in awhile I'll put 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the bleach slot on the washer. Just a tip I read on here. I'm not sure what it does.

D
06-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm using the Micro-restore. Not much. I fill the measuring space on the bottle once. No shedding problems so far. Every once in awhile I'll put 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the bleach slot on the washer. Just a tip I read on here. I'm not sure what it does.

I think the vinegar is supposed to make them soft again. After multiple washes they usually dont come out as soft as they were originally.

Ong~Bak
06-24-2007, 11:09 PM
. My only complaint is I dont think it cleans them well enough.

:iagree: I just washed 11 of them tonight with 3oz not clean, so I added
1/4 of the bottle washed again came out a-lot cleaner.
I have also had them shed and lint being new out of the brown paper baggy
Thinkin` bout trying Dawn dish soap :)

:cheers:

r_wain
06-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah the vinegar removes all the old soap that detergent doesn't remove. I do it every time I wash them.

As far as the shedding goes towels do eventually wear out. How old are they?

D
06-24-2007, 11:17 PM
:iagree: I just washed 11 of them tonight with 3oz not clean, so I added
1/4 of the bottle washed again came out a-lot cleaner.
I have also had them shed and lint being new out of the brown paper baggy
Thinkin` bout trying Dawn dish soap :)

:cheers:

I wouldnt use Dawn. Just use regular detergent without softener.

supercharged
06-24-2007, 11:34 PM
I have started to notice that a lot of my microfibers are starting to shed horribly and they don't really work worth a darn anymore. I was all my mf by themselves with micro restore and hang dry them, and still this happens. Has anyone had this problem before and does anyone have any advice. I was thinking that I might be using to much micro restore, I've heard that stuff can be harmful if not used correctly.
What brand are those MF towels? They are not Cobra, are they? I've noticed that cheap brand MFs have all kinds of issues.

Excessive Detail
06-25-2007, 10:10 AM
What brand are those MF towels? They are not Cobra, are they? I've noticed that cheap brand MFs have all kinds of issues.

They are cobra mf.

Excessive Detail
06-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah the vinegar removes all the old soap that detergent doesn't remove. I do it every time I wash them.

As far as the shedding goes towels do eventually wear out. How old are they?
Not even a year old.

supercharged
06-25-2007, 01:25 PM
They are cobra mf.
Why don't you P.M. Meghan and see if she can assist you?

Driven Auto Detail
06-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I find it strange that the Cobra's would do that. I've found that out of all the brands of MF towels I have, the Cobra's hold up the best and last the longest (they all still look & feel new).

I wash mine with whatever fragrance-free, dye-free, softener-free laundry detergent my wife buys. I dry them on medium heat w/no fabric softeners.

Excessive Detail
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I find it strange that the Cobra's would do that. I've found that out of all the brands of MF towels I have, the Cobra's hold up the best and last the longest (they all still look & feel new).

I wash mine with whatever fragrance-free, dye-free, softener-free laundry detergent my wife buys. I dry them on medium heat w/no fabric softeners.

What setting do you set the washer on, I've been doing Hot/Cold wash cycle.

Driven Auto Detail
06-25-2007, 11:18 PM
I do warm/cold on the gentle cycle. Although, I've used hot/hot and hot/cold in the past. I think our current laundry detergent is just Arm & Hammer (again, no perfumes or dyes).

Dust2Glory
06-26-2007, 12:30 AM
i wash my mf's at the local laundry mat with the washer that doesn't have the agitator in the middle, it's easier on the mf's. I wash them with regular detergent, mf wash and i throw in a little apc. hot water and when i dry them, medium heat, permnant press with one dryer sheet.