PDA

View Full Version : Quantity and quality

Pages : [1] 2

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
11-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, I've mentioned on the forum before that I detail on the side. I average about 5 customers a month not a lot of volume due to working full time and being in the military. However I do still find myself flying through some product. Such as wheel and tire cleaner, QD, and APC. I was looking into the Meguiar's pro detailer line and thinking about picking up a few of their bulk deals. But before I commit I was wondering if there are other brands that work great that aren't too expensive. I haven't used any of the meguiar's pro detailer line products so I don't want to buy in bulk and be disappointed with the results. Not that I'm under minding meguiar's I just would like some reviews or some options before I decide. If anyone could share some info I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

artofdetailing
11-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Hey guys, I've mentioned on the forum before that I detail on the side. I average about 5 customers a month not a lot of volume due to working full time and being in the military. However I do still find myself flying through some product. Such as wheel and tire cleaner, QD, and APC. I was looking into the Meguiar's pro detailer line and thinking about picking up a few of their bulk deals. But before I commit I was wondering if there are other brands that work great that aren't too expensive. I haven't used any of the meguiar's pro detailer line products so I don't want to buy in bulk and be disappointed with the results. Not that I'm under minding meguiar's I just would like some reviews or some options before I decide. If anyone could share some info I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Megs line is great. Chemical guys has some good affordable options. Optimum is very fairly priced for how good it it. If its in your budget, DP also makes affordable professional grade products.

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
11-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Here's what I'm thinking so far. Meguiar's D103 APC, D140 Wheel Brightener, D155 Last Touch Spray. These are all the combo packs of course.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-18-2013, 12:07 AM
There are a lot of good products in the detailers line and professional line to choose. What you listed is a great start and should last you a long time.

jankerson
11-18-2013, 09:54 AM
There are a lot of good products in the detailers line and professional line to choose. What you listed is a great start and should last you a long time.

:iagree:

Defiantly look in both lines...

Professional Line = Mirror Glaze

VP Mark
11-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Here's what I'm thinking so far. Meguiar's D103 APC, D140 Wheel Brightener, D155 Last Touch Spray. These are all the combo packs of course.

This is a great start, and I also recommend a gallon of Hyper Dressing. It is great for tires, trim, fender wells, and even interiors if diluted properly. One gallon will go a looong way.

KMG
11-18-2013, 02:02 PM
I would probably skip the D140 for something that is safe on all types of wheels. I seem to remember seeing that is not safe to use on all wheels, due to it eating the finish on certain types? I have been using Sonax FE and seeing good results with that, and its supposed to be safe on any type of wheel.

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
11-18-2013, 03:08 PM
I currently use eagle 1 a-z tire and wheel cleaner. I've had nothing but great results with it but can't find it in gallon form buying a bottle at a time at $7 a piece gets expensive.i might go with D-14301 it is a wheel and tire cleaner I'm just wondering if it will hold up to the filthiest of wheels. All of my customers have daily drivers.

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
11-18-2013, 05:36 PM
I've also been flirting with the idea of getting a gallon of D151 that would save me a lot of time. I've been using M205 to polish then sealing with either Klazze or Meguiar's ultimate liquid wax. If I can get a product that polishes and seals I feel that would shave some time off each vehicle. Any idea how long D151 seals for? Is there any similar products that might give better results?

jankerson
11-18-2013, 06:33 PM
I've also been flirting with the idea of getting a gallon of D151 that would save me a lot of time. I've been using M205 to polish then sealing with either Klazze or Meguiar's ultimate liquid wax. If I can get a product that polishes and seals I feel that would shave some time off each vehicle. Any idea how long D151 seals for? Is there any similar products that might give better results?

Long enough...

You can also use D156 (Spray Wax) to top D151 (PRC) after just to boast it even more.

D151 is a compound, polish and sealant in one, use it with Megs MF discs and it will defiantly save you a lot of time. That or a Polishing foam pad like Megs Yellow or LC Orange.

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
11-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Sweet, I have quite the collection of LC foam pads. My birthday is coming up on the 25th and have been hinting to the other half that I could use the MF 5" starter kit lol. Like I said all of my clients have daily drivers and aren't looking for the show car finish their just looking for a shine with no swirls so if I can get a product that does everything in one step. Then I'll invest in that product to save me time and money all while keeping my customers happy. I had both of those in my cart but just needed some input on them. Thanks for the input guys feel free to chime in with other info if you got some I appreciate it.

jankerson
11-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Sweet, I have quite the collection of LC foam pads. My birthday is coming up on the 25th and have been hinting to the other half that I could use the MF 5" starter kit lol. Like I said all of my clients have daily drivers and aren't looking for the show car finish their just looking for a shine with no swirls so if I can get a product that does everything in one step. Then I'll invest in that product to save me time and money all while keeping my customers happy. I had both of those in my cart but just needed some input on them. Thanks for the input guys feel free to chime in with other info if you got some I appreciate it.

With the MF you would be set then.. :xyxthumbs:

Just use the cutting pad if there are swirls, if they aren't bad use the finishing pad.

Fast and easy..... :dblthumb2:

Go over each section no more than 3 times, move to the next section letting PRC dry to a haze etc. Then go back and wipe it all down... Shoot it with D156 if you want and go.

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
11-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Nice thanks for the input I appreciate it

dcjredline
11-19-2013, 12:57 AM
XMT360 is another good All In One type product. Not sure how much a gallon is off hand.

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
11-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Xmt 360 is a little more expensive. My only experience with the XMT line is the pad conditioner and pad cleaner. 90% of the product that I use is Meguiar's. I've been wanting to try Wolfgang products but they are much too expensive for the amount of customers I get. I've also been skeptical with trying new brands when I look at another brands products I feel lost. Also if I happen to run out of meguiar's I can run to the Autoparts store and grab some more because that's the majority of what they carry. I don't know of any stores in my area that carry brands like Wolfgang, pinnicale, chemical guys or poor boys. Once I get into a better comfort zone I'll start trying new brands.