PDA

View Full Version : No rotary?, no problem:)

HateSwirls
11-17-2013, 03:37 PM
I have a rotary but most of the time I don't need it but on this job the trunk had so many swirls and scratches so I decided to use my drill and a four inch cutting pad, worked well.

It's not as easy to damage paint compared to a rotary but please you common since, feel your panel as you go, if it gets too hot move to a different area or bring the speed down.
This method can save you much time compared to using a DA when the paint is really messed up, then follow with your DA and a good polish. :dblthumb2:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Grmkkt8NX4s

07RS4
11-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Nice pad and BP combo, I love that set-up :)

Also for all intent and purposes, a drill is a rotary...and I move mine at about half the speed you do. Just my opinion. If the panel came out how you like it, then that's all the matters. Nice vid!

HateSwirls
11-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks.

Yes in a sense it is a rotary, just don't have the RPM's but does the job:dblthumb2:

My arm speed varies , A lot depends on defects, hardness or softness of the paint and what product I'm using.
In this case it was 105 and we all know how fast it cuts.

Nice pad and BP combo, I love that set-up :)

Also for all intent and purposes, a drill is a rotary...and I move mine at about half the speed you do. Just my opinion. If the panel came out how you like it, then that's all the matters. Nice vid!