PDA

View Full Version : menzerna ip vs. sip

Pages : [1] 2

k20z3kid
06-24-2007, 09:46 PM
when i read through the description for menzerna super intensive polish and nano polish it says it is specifically for scratch resistant clear coats. so my question is... if i were to use menzerna sip on a regular clear coat would it peform the exact same as menzerna intensive polish on a clear coat?? if that is the case... what is the point in purchasing menzerna ip when you can get menzerna sip and achieve the same results??

supercharged
06-24-2007, 11:52 PM
when i read through the description for menzerna super intensive polish and nano polish it says it is specifically for scratch resistant clear coats. so my question is... if i were to use menzerna sip on a regular clear coat would it peform the exact same as menzerna intensive polish on a clear coat?? if that is the case... what is the point in purchasing menzerna ip when you can get menzerna sip and achieve the same results??
If a product designed to work on harder clearcoats, it will obviously remove even more damage on softer clear coats. I'd would not use SIP on soft Toyota/Lexus clear (the softest one I can think of), but it should work well on domestic cars. Just remember, you wanna use the least aggressive polish to get the job done, and in the case IP won't work, step up to SIP.

k20z3kid
06-25-2007, 01:17 AM
If a product designed to work on harder clearcoats, it will obviously remove even more damage on softer clear coats. I'd would not use SIP on soft Toyota/Lexus clear (the softest one I can think of), but it should work well on domestic cars. Just remember, you wanna use the least aggressive polish to get the job done, and in the case IP won't work, step up to SIP.

hmm so would sip be the equivalent of say... optimum compound?

agpatel21
06-25-2007, 08:14 AM
What would you say VW paint is? I have hurd the newer cars ( I have a 06) is pretty hard and thats what i think it is also, planing on using 106FF to start with as it should get rid of most the the swirlys...

SpoiledMan
06-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Jet black 3 series BMW's have some of the softest paint on the market. You can press your finger to the paint and have to polish to remove the damage that resulted. Menzerna CC polishes have been the most successful for me with those cars as they leave a perfect finish.

LazerRed1
06-25-2007, 09:47 AM
My personal opinion is to try 106FF with light cutting pad on a small area. If that doesn't work then try 106FF with a little more aggressive pad before using IP or SIP. You can always go to that if neither of the above work. 106FF will take off swirls with the right pad and still finish off nice. You can follow that up with PO85RD and finish pad to really do the trick.

SpoiledMan
06-25-2007, 09:50 AM
:) No need to follow 106ff with 85rd as they're both finishing polishes that have a gloss level of 5 on Menzerna's chart.

LazerRed1
06-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I always do when I use a more aggressive pad than a finishing pad with 106FF. Probably overkill, but what the heck. If I don't use the stuff it'll go bad.

Might suggest Menzerna Glaze between the polishing and LSP.

supercharged
06-25-2007, 01:27 PM
hmm so would sip be the equivalent of say... optimum compound?
Never used Optimum compound, so I can't tell.

Largebore
05-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Jet black 3 series BMW's have some of the softest paint on the market. You can press your finger to the paint and have to polish to remove the damage that resulted. Menzerna CC polishes have been the most successful for me with those cars as they leave a perfect finish.

Oh yea I agree,,, Fragile fragile fragile... So is the SIP and Nano then the wrong choice as I understand they are formulated for very hard finishes ?

id-type-s
05-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Any insight on 2004 Acura paint??

BES225
05-31-2008, 03:11 PM
How do you know if the vehicle has a clear coat finish?

fobe46
06-04-2008, 04:17 AM
so what would you guys recommend for jet black 05 bmw? I was going for PO106ff with SIP.. but is there a better combo?

TOGWT
06-04-2008, 05:31 AM
For soft clear coats use FPII on a white LC 4-inch pad

These products were formulated for use with high-speed rotary polishers that will provide sufficient friction to fully breakdown the diminishing abrasives. Using these polishes with a random orbital buffer (PC) I've found that it doesn’t provide the friction necessary to fully break-down the diminishing abrasives efficiently and could result in imparting additional surface scratches; this is due to the size of the remaining abrasive particles and there cutting ability. This means the results will probably not meet the normal high standard of finish these polishes are known for.

However, if you are using a random orbital (PC) stick to the CeramiClear polishes, as they have more correction abilities than the non-CeramiClear polishes, and you need as much cutting power as you can (i.e. SIP on an Orange LC 4-inch pad for correction and then PO106FF on a White LC 4-inch pad to eliminate any compounding marks and for a final finesse shine, follow with PO85RD on a black LC 4-inch pad for a brilliant gloss.

TOGWT
06-04-2008, 05:35 AM
How do you know if the vehicle has a clear coat finish?

Use a polish and a soft towel, in a clean and inconspicous place, lightly rub the paint, if the paint colour shows on the towel its singl stage paint (no clear coat)