PDA

View Full Version : Mytee lite

wrb_subie
11-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Picked up my first extractor this week and I'm pretty pumped.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/jmgoelz/null_zps541ddc3a.jpg
I had a chance to use it today and its definately amazing but my question for anyone using one is do you use anything specific to cover the hoses and brass fittings near the hand took to avoid it burning your skin. As this thing heats up it gets pretty hot and as it bumped my hand/wrist it's pretty uncomfortable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jlt23
11-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Mytee sells these wraps made out of the same material as wetsuits. I haven't used them.

KS_Detailing
11-16-2013, 11:02 PM
I picked up some thick work gloves.

Triple Shine
11-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Thick HD rubber work gloves.

I got one last spring too and was just as excited...but...

Here's some problems you will definitely experience:
- twisted / weak / kinked hose from wand to QD...its the short one at the wand itself. GET A HD REPLACEMENT! Mytee's is too weak and will kink. Eshine.ca here in Canada sells one...AGO might too.

- Slow to heat up water from cold...buy a bucket heater and heat a 5 gal pail then heat while you vac...then pour in hot or at least real warm water...this will ensure a steady supply.

- Pump failure after a few months...well at least mine and three other guys I know did...Mytee wanted $150 for another one despite the fact it had been failing occasionally and I had been calling them to troubleshoot for three months...told me they would receive old pump then 'decide' if they would honour the warranty! I was told there was about a 2% chance that they would. If they decided it was warranteed they refund my money but not the shipping or customs charges. WHAT A JOKE. "Strongest warranty in the industry" MY A##!

- Blown switches...Vac switch blew three times. Mytee sent me a handful more but the issue still persists.

- Melted wires / connectors and wire loom inside machine. Not sure what's going on here but drops of melted plastic line the bottom of my unit inside. Mytee told me to ship it to them in California so they could look at it....from Canada. Ya right...you know how much that would cost??? They didnt care.

All that said I love the unit...however dont expect Mytee to back their product. I got the total run around and then they bailed when my pump failed all while its still under warranty.

My advice...buy some spare switches..a spare pump and remove the cheap crimp connectors inside and replce with properly soldered and heat shrinked connections. This will guarantee you wont be stuck with a half cleaned car and customers waiting while you get jerked around.

BradsDetailing
11-23-2013, 11:04 PM
seen a lot of people wrap towels around them