PDA

View Full Version : Worst car you've ever done?

Pages : [1] 2

HateSwirls
11-16-2013, 04:28 PM
I was wondering what was the worst car you've ever had to correct but came out with great results?

Last summer a co-worker who owns a 2006 white Honda Civic asked me to work on his car, this car hadn't been washed in three years, I mean zero washing of any kind.

After work on Friday I let him use my truck and took his car home, parked it for the night thinking no big deal, WRONG!

So early Saturday morning I washed it about four time using APC in my soap bucket, from far it looked better but when I went to see how bad the paint was I found it to feel like 600 grit sand paper.
I spend an hour claying the hood without seeing or feeling any difference, what you do?, I clayed it again, by this time I was on my second bar of clay, again nothing.

I decided to wet sand the entire car, thank goodness it was a small one.
As I started not only did I see the CC coming off from using 1500 grit paper but I saw crud, hard crap, I did the entire car then followed with 2000 then 3000 ungrit, finally it felt smooth.

First step , my rotary using my wool pad along with 105, after I was done with this step the car started looking like something. Lol.
Second step I used my DA using an orange pad along with 205, then 205 using a white pad.

Finished with.

Griots Paint Sealant and topped it with NXT. liquid wax.
I worked about 18 hours straight with small breaks in between steps, got a little sleep and worked another 14 hours, that pretty much was my entire weekend.

I did call him to tell him how bad the car was and that if I comtinued I'd have to go up on price, he said go for it, sure wish he had said to stop. Lol
When I brought it to him on Monday he couldn't believe his eyes, he even brought other employees to see my work, that's when I started feeling good about my work. :dblthumb2:

Would I do another one like it, only if the money was very good.

jankerson
11-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Thank god it was a small car like you said. LOL

HateSwirls
11-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Lol.
I couldn't grab a beer from the fridge for a week. :dblthumb2:

Thank god it was a small car like you said. LOL

KillaCam
11-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Did he end up paying you very well for it?
This isn't the worst car I've corrected but the worst car I've ever washed. It was a honda ridgeline (?) one of those honda trucks. Just did an exterior wash and every single piece of the front end on the car was covered in bugs. Picture the worst bug contamination you've ever seen and multiple it by 20.
And here's the worst part. The SIDES of the truck were covered in bug splatter and tar. Both doors on each side and the rear fenders. How does one manage to get bug splatters on the side of their vehicle? It amazed me.
One bottle of bug remover and two washes later it was presentable. Needless to say a few months later it was back to the same condition.

jankerson
11-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Lol.
I couldn't grab a beer from the fridge for a week. :dblthumb2:

I bet...

I can't remember the bad ones really because most I had to end up wet sanding anyway back in the day.....

But then I had air tools back then also so it wasn't a big deal..

So they were all pretty much the same.....

Current was my Jeep, looked like someone scrubbed it with a green scouring pad...

And I am still not really completely done with it yet.... Still need to go over a few areas yet with MF Cutting disc and M105.... I do it in stages when I get the energy.

allenk4
11-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Great Pictures...what kind of camera did you use?

jankerson
11-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Great Pictures...what kind of camera did you use?

Who, me?

I use a Nikon D90 with a 18-70mm lens.

jmfp
11-16-2013, 06:15 PM
I had to do a Mercury cougar that a guy blew his head off with a 12 gauge inside the car. Never want to experience anything like that again.

HateSwirls
11-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Oh wow, that's the worst:(

I had to do a Mercury cougar that a guy blew his head off with a 12 gauge inside the car. Never want to experience anything like that again.

jmfp
11-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Oh wow, that's the worst:(

There's a very distinct smell involved that will make the hair stand up on the back of my neck just thinking about it.

Brody
11-16-2013, 07:02 PM

You win. There's no topping that.

RTexasF
11-16-2013, 07:34 PM
It was a Mustang bought by a female hairdresser three years prior when new. She had NEVER washed it, picked up one scrap of trash off of the floor, nor done any cleaning whatsoever. It was a pig sty. It took an outdoor sized plastic leaf bag to contain the garbage prior to ever turning on the vacuum. I charged her $65 extra above and beyond the quote and put the bag in the trunk when she came to get it. I also explained this was our first and last transaction.
The exterior was almost as horrid.........it took two washes to determine the color of it!

RTexasF
11-16-2013, 07:38 PM
i had to do a mercury cougar that a guy blew his head off with a 12 gauge inside the car. Never want to experience anything like that again.

the winner!!!!!!!

HateSwirls
11-16-2013, 07:56 PM
I agree, makes no sense for someone to trash their car and then bring it to someone to clean, even if their paying for it.
At least pick up the darn trash!

It was a Mustang bought by a female hairdresser three years prior when new. She had NEVER washed it, picked up one scrap of trash off of the floor, nor done any cleaning whatsoever. It was a pig sty. It took an outdoor sized plastic leaf bag to contain the garbage prior to ever turning on the vacuum. I charged her $65 extra above and beyond the quote and put the bag in the trunk when she came to get it. I also explained this was our first and last transaction.
The exterior was almost as horrid.........it took two washes to determine the color of it!

Shirotai
11-16-2013, 07:58 PM
And here's the worst part. The SIDES of the truck were covered in bug splatter and tar. Both doors on each side and the rear fenders. How does one manage to get bug splatters on the side of their vehicle? It amazed me.

Drifting ...

:-)