PDA

View Full Version : Armor all question?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Coastalf350
11-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I recently stumbled along this great forum. After looking through a bunch of post I come to the conclusion that a lot of yall dont like armor all. Why is it so frowned upon?

jpegs13
11-16-2013, 04:07 PM
It's cheap, ( I didn't say inexpensive), short lasting and just plain junk for the most part

spiralout462
11-16-2013, 04:11 PM
I am assuming you are referring to the original vinyl dressing that Armor All produces, if so.................The smell is horrible, it doesn't last, it's a greasy mess that attracts dirt. It also provides a look that doesn't suit my taste. That's all I can think of right now.

ScottB
11-16-2013, 04:14 PM
The original version was silicone based and caused some damage over time. The newer formulas are said to be different.

zmcgovern45
11-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Besides the fact that it (supposedly) used to be a silicone based product that caused damage over time...

There are simply MUCH better products than ANY of the Armor All branded products... whether it is interior dressing or tire shine.

Also, many of the high quality, professional grade alternatives do not cost more than what local retailers are asking for armor all products.

AutowerxDetailing
11-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Factory plastics = matte finish.

Armor All = glossy snot.

HateSwirls
11-16-2013, 04:49 PM
I used Armor-All for a long time but as I continued to detail I found much better.
For just a little more money you could go with Chemical Guys Super VRP to dress your tires, it's water based and dries to the touch in seconds.

It's not oily so you can use it on your interiors plastics, dash, etc.
If you like Armor-All then that's all what is important.
Don't let anyone tell you it's no good if you like it :dblthumb2:

Coastalf350
11-16-2013, 04:52 PM
I dont like it but its the only choice I have around here. (Own no credit or dept card to order online)

allenk4
11-16-2013, 05:03 PM
PayPal can debit directly from a checking account

HateSwirls
11-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Then you do what you can :dblthumb2:
It's better than nothing, so for now use it:dblthumb2:
Don't you have Meg's Endurence in your area?

I dont like it but its the only choice I have around here. (Own no credit or dept card to order online)

Coastalf350
11-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Then you do what you can :dblthumb2:
It's better than nothing, so for now use it:dblthumb2:
Don't you have Meg's Endurence in your area?

I have the meg endurance tire spray 😁

HateSwirls
11-16-2013, 06:16 PM
I much prefer it over Armor-All any day of the week:dblthumb2:
Use it:)

I have the meg endurance tire spray 😁

FUNX650
11-16-2013, 06:35 PM
I recently stumbled along this great forum.
After looking through a bunch of post I come to the conclusion that a lot of yall dont like armor all.
Why is it so frowned upon?
Please don't count me as one of the folks on
this great forum that doesn't like ArmorAll.

As such: I also do not frown upon it.

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0159.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-party-smiles.php)

Bob

Klasse Act
11-16-2013, 06:42 PM
I am assuming you are referring to the original vinyl dressing that Armor All produces, if so.................The smell is horrible, it doesn't last, it's a greasy mess that attracts dirt. It also provides a look that doesn't suit my taste. That's all I can think of right now.

Well said and I'll add that its cracked many dashboards of cars from the 60's and 70's....rumor has it, LOL! It has also been known to cause blindness when applied to the dashboards too! There is a good use for it though, spraying your plastic wheelwell liners, might not last that long but until you drive in the rain it looks fine.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

BrandonS
11-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Well said and I'll add that its cracked many dashboards of cars from the 60's and 70's....rumor has it, LOL! It has also been known to cause blindness when applied to the dashboards too! There is a good use for it though, spraying your plastic wheelwell liners, might not last that long but until you drive in the rain it looks fine.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Thanks for the idea. I have been tempted to throw out my old bottle of armor all but I will use it for wheel wells of trucks ect. I have two 32 oz bottles that I was given.