PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna, and sealant Q's.

A1monky
06-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey, I want to try some menzerna polish. My EVO only has minor swirls. And the clear is quite soft.
I want to use a sealant after. I was looking at the DG 101 or the DP sealant.
Has anyone used these sealants w/ menzerna? Results?
Should I go w/ the Micro Polish or the nano polish? Do the both have the same cut and finish properties?

Thanks, Mike

richy
06-24-2007, 08:57 PM
check out the menzerna chart at the top of the page at ag for menzerna. my suggestion would be the 106ff followed by either the glaze (if you want supreme results)and/or the sealant. I think there are some threads about the DG following Menz. I think hte 105 is the sealant you want to try however.

A1monky
06-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Is the 106ff only to be used on scratch resistant clear coats?
I dont want a ultra durable sealant. Must hide my paint color.
I have found that a 3-6 month seal looks better w/ Liquid Souv.
Anyone try the DP?

Jimmie
06-24-2007, 09:55 PM
The DP Sealant is great. I've only used it once but will not hesitate to use it again. It darkened the paint a little and had a slick, wet look.

ScottB
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
106FF would be a natural for a little harder coat, since its soft play it safe and use the Final Polish. Never heard of any sealants failing to cure to FP so it should be a perfect offering.

A1monky
06-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys, I ordered the FP, DG101 and polyclay.
Killr, whats the diffrence between Micro, and FP? Have you used both? If so, in your opinion, with one finishes better?

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I use WG over Menzerna all the time without any problems.

k20z3kid
06-26-2007, 12:21 AM
wow...confusion. just when i thought i understood everything i realize i dont. i understand that there can be compatibility issues with glazes and sealants and glazes and waxes but i had no clue there could be compatibility issues with polishes and sealants and polishes and waxes. that does not make much sense to me considering polishes are meant for correction.

orngez
06-26-2007, 12:35 AM
the menzerna ceramiclear polishes are just as safe to use on regular clears as they are on ceramiclears...if using them on regular clear coats they just do the work faster and with fewer passes..106ff (nano polish) is by far the best all around polish..very rarely do you need to use anything else...

Z06-Goose
06-26-2007, 12:56 AM
wow...confusion. just when i thought i understood everything i realize i dont. i understand that there can be compatibility issues with glazes and sealants and glazes and waxes but i had no clue there could be compatibility issues with polishes and sealants and polishes and waxes. that does not make much sense to me considering polishes are meant for correction.It's because some polish contain oils, and that presents a bonding problem for sealants more than they would for waxes
Best thing to do is a 50/50 wipedown before you're to apply the sealant

devst8
06-26-2007, 07:00 AM
i did a mustang this weekend and i tried the menzerna glaze, topped with DP sealant and boy that car looked wet yet glossy. best of both imo. muted the flakes a little though

any the menzerna glaze is really top notch, what's even better you can "lock" the glaze under a sealant. and little product goes a long way