PDA

View Full Version : LC Hydro Pads & Wolfgang Products

Pages : [1] 2

11-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Hey Guys,

My name is James and I'm new to this forum and I must say, Autogeek has a wealth of information. I started my detailing obsession a couple of years ago when I purchased my Mustang and I'm still learning.

I currently use a Flex 3401 with LC Hydro Cyan, Tangerine, & Crimson pads and M105/M205 combo. Since joining the site, I've been intrigued with the Wolfgang Concours Series and last week I purchased Wolfgang Uber, Swirl Remover, & Finishing Glaze 3.0 as well as the PBL Diamond Paint Coating.

I've noticed the LC hybrid pads are recommended with the 3401 but I have a box full of new LC Hydro pads. I don't wanna go out and buy new LC Hybird pads yet so I just want to make sure I'm using the right pads with the right product:

Uber Compound - Cyan Pad
Swirl Remover - Tangerine Pad
Finishing Glaze - Tangerine Pad

If someone can confirm I using the right pad with the right product, I'd appreciate it...

RLucky82
11-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Yes correct compound/pad combination but do you really need to be using m105 on that beautiful Mustang?

I just purchased a Flex kit that comes with Hydro-tech pads. You will be fine with those.

11-14-2013, 10:44 PM
No more M105 for me!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Everything looks good.

I prefer the closed cell design pads with DAT products on the the 3401. The hydro techs and hybrids are closed cell.

Let us know how it works out for you.

jankerson
11-15-2013, 12:26 AM
M105 works great with the LC Cyan Pad. :xyxthumbs:

11-15-2013, 01:00 AM
M105 works great with the LC Cyan Pad. :xyxthumbs:

I don't like the dusting and at times was hard to remove...

stilltipping3
11-15-2013, 03:19 AM
I use the hydro tech pads with my 3401 and they are my favorite. I don't like 105 anymore but if I keep the speed at 4 its ok. I ordered Menzerna 400,2500,4500 and it will be here tomorrow. Cant wait to work with it.
Megs Ultimate Compound which I used for the first time today was pretty awesome. I must say for an OTC product that's readily available. I still like 205 but I am going to try the Ultimate polish when I get a chance as I have a small bottle of that that a nice fellow named Art sent me.

I used Some Vibra Cut from Detail kings and followed that up with Pinnacle swirl remover and it worked well. Again, keep the speeds lower with the flex and compounds and the Hydro pads will work for u. They are pretty awesome. I do like the MF pads from Megs as well but have yet to wanna switch. Just ordered another 5 HT pads to have more fresh ones waiting as I do the cars. The more pads u have the better your cut will be and faster results as they are fresh. Good luck.

jankerson
11-15-2013, 08:44 AM
I use the hydro tech pads with my 3401 and they are my favorite. I don't like 105 anymore but if I keep the speed at 4 its ok. I ordered Menzerna 400,2500,4500 and it will be here tomorrow. Cant wait to work with it.
Megs Ultimate Compound which I used for the first time today was pretty awesome. I must say for an OTC product that's readily available. I still like 205 but I am going to try the Ultimate polish when I get a chance as I have a small bottle of that that a nice fellow named Art sent me.

I used Some Vibra Cut from Detail kings and followed that up with Pinnacle swirl remover and it worked well. Again, keep the speeds lower with the flex and compounds and the Hydro pads will work for u. They are pretty awesome. I do like the MF pads from Megs as well but have yet to wanna switch. Just ordered another 5 HT pads to have more fresh ones waiting as I do the cars. The more pads u have the better your cut will be and faster results as they are fresh. Good luck.

UC is a more user friendly vers of M105 and it doesn't have the cut that M105 does.

UP also has less cut than M205.

Haven't seen a compound that doesn't produce at least some dust.

With M105 less is more.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-15-2013, 09:42 AM
HT pads work best with water based polishes.

lkotsios
11-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Can you give us some examples of water based polishes?

WRAPT C5Z06
11-15-2013, 11:43 AM
HD CUT, HD ADAPT, HD POLISH. Not sure of the ones AG carries. M105 is solvent based, for example. Not that HT's don't work good with solvent based polishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

11-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Main reason why I willing to try out WG Concours Series...

spiralout462
11-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Wolfgang Polishes and LC Hydrotechs are a match made in heaven IMO! I have been able to finish LSP ready with the new Uber Compound on a Tagerine Hydrotech! They are very user friendly polishes that produce excellent results for me.

11-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Wolfgang Polishes and LC Hydrotechs are a match made in heaven IMO! I have been able to finish LSP ready with the new Uber Compound on a Tagerine Hydrotech! They are very user friendly polishes that produce excellent results for me.

Cool, exactly the feedback I'm looking for...guess what just arrived today!

spiralout462
11-15-2013, 04:21 PM
^^Nice! I think you will be happy. Enjoy!