PDA

View Full Version : Non specific wheel sealant

lonye
11-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi all!

I'd like to make a full detail of my wheels.
I'm planning to take them off, clean them with Sonax Full effect, EZ and mothers brush...
I don't have any specific sealant for them and I'm not planning buying any one soon.

I have FK1000P, opti-seal and Collinite 915 (I think those are the long lasting of my wax-sealant collection).
Which one would be better for wheels? How much should I expect them to last?

Taking advantage I'm taking off my wheels, I'd like to detail wheel wells. Should I clean them with any APC? I'm using CG Barebones to dress them...

Thanks for any tip and advice!

jamesboyy
11-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi all!

I'd like to make a full detail of my wheels.
I'm planning to take them off, clean them with Sonax Full effect, EZ and mothers brush...
I don't have any specific sealant for them and I'm not planning buying any one soon.

I have FK1000P, opti-seal and Collinite 915 (I think those are the long lasting of my wax-sealant collection).
Which one would be better for wheels? How much should I expect them to last?

Taking advantage I'm taking off my wheels, I'd like to detail wheel wells. Should I clean them with any APC? I'm using CG Barebones to dress them...

Thanks for any tip and advice!

I would use opti-seal it would last around two to three months but all the products you suggested would have a two or three month lifespan when you clean the wheel well any apc at 1:3 or 4 ratio should do the trick but if you out shopping meguiars d101 is great apc for the price ..good luck

lonye
11-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Thanks, I'll try opti-seal then!

Dogfather
11-15-2013, 09:15 AM
I have FK 1000P on my wheels for winter.