PDA

View Full Version : Pads for one step cleaner wax

MJT
11-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Hi guys

Does anyone know if you can get away with using an orange ccs pad with a one step cleaner wax? Do one step cleaners have any abrasives in them? Any pros or cons to using an orange pad with it instead of the suggested white or green pad?

rms64
11-14-2013, 02:36 PM
My advice would be stick with a white / green pad - typically an orange pad is used in more aggressive situations (compounding, swirl removal, etc) vs with a cleaner wax. I think it depends on the product, but generally a cleaner wax would have minimal abrasives.

Hope this helps...

cleanmycorolla
11-14-2013, 02:37 PM
White polishing pads!

lawrenceSA
11-15-2013, 01:22 AM
I would say it very much depends on the paint you are going to be working on, and what level of result you are after - i.e. what sort of correction, what sort of finish....

I did this Toyota with Meguiars cleaner wax on an orange LC CCS pad and a DA machine....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/68596-ruby-red-toyota-corolla-detailed-lawrence.html

jankerson
11-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Depends on what product you are using and the amount of correction needed.

Usually it would be a polishing pad though for an AIO.

stilltipping3
11-15-2013, 03:22 AM
Well, I know megs 66 has abrasives but it also finishes well and leaves a wax. Not sure if that's considered a cleaner like EZ CREME or Klasse.

sweatthedetails
11-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Do a couple of test spots and see what finish you like the most. All paints will be different, I have used many different pads with Megs PRC.

allenk4
11-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Well, I know megs 66 has abrasives but it also finishes well and leaves a wax. Not sure if that's considered a cleaner like EZ CREME or Klasse.

Quit telling people about the codes and quit telling them that CG EZ-Crème is a "Cleaner"

custmsprty
11-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Hi guys

Does anyone know if you can get away with using an orange ccs pad with a one step cleaner wax? Do one step cleaners have any abrasives in them? Any pros or cons to using an orange pad with it instead of the suggested white or green pad?

I use orange regularly with aio for a little more bite.

MJT
11-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks guys, really helpful. I have a large trailer/RV that I am doing next week so I am trying to work out what the best and time effective procedure will be. The guy wants it washed and waxed... Any suggestions for this?

stilltipping3
11-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Quit telling people about the codes and quit telling them that CG EZ-Crème is a "Cleaner"

Stop being a troll!!!