PDA

View Full Version : colder temps = MF linting??

wdmaccord
11-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Now that it has gotten "chilly" here, I have noticed my 530 gsm towels linting during rinseless washes during the final dry step. I use the Garry Dean method (soaked towel from bucket; damp towel for damp dry; dry towel for final dry).

I keep my towels in the garage still, even though all my products are now in the house. Is it the towels being out in the colder air, or is it more the colder surface of the paint that might be causing the linting? Both? Neither?

Towels always washed in MicroRestore, sometimes add oxyclean powder to wash. Dried on low heat with no fabric softener. RW I use are BF and DG+AW.

Pureshine
11-14-2013, 11:52 AM
How old are your towels?

wdmaccord
11-14-2013, 02:06 PM
How old are your towels?

Some are 6 months and some are 6 weeks. all 530 gsm from MFtech.

wdmaccord
11-19-2013, 07:53 PM
So I think I solved my problem by trying something different. Did a RW tonight with DG+AW. Did my normal 530 gsm for wash (GD style), Gold Plush Jr. for damp dry, and then used Cobra WW for final dry instead of 530 gsm. Man, what a difference. Streak free, no linting, slick finish, and I didn't need to top with anything when I got done. Anyone else do it this way?

KillaCam
11-19-2013, 08:17 PM
I found that most of my 350 gsm towels lint when trying to dry with them. I use a shorter nap towel when drying and I don't get any linting. Those blue edge less towels lint like crazy even after 3 washes when trying to use them to dry.