PDA

View Full Version : Spider web swirls

KillaCam
11-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Got in my car today and noticed my non-swirled up paint was covered in swirls. Freaked me out for a second and upon closer inspection it wasn't swirls, but spider webs covering nearly every inch of the vehicle. Anyone else have this problem? They came off when I pressed my finger on them.
Here's a pic on my glass roof. Sorry the car is filthy right now. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/14/ene5yvu8.jpg

zmcgovern45
11-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Had the same near panic attack 2 days ago... silly spider web things nearly gave me a heart attack.

It's crazy how they look EXACTLY like swirls/scratches.

ousooner2
11-13-2013, 01:29 PM
I purchased my car about 2 months ago and roughly 3 days after I washed it I saw it in direct sunlight for a second and saw this. I about had a panic attack lol. I've been seeing a few actual spider webs on the car the past few months (..black car doesn't help!), but I guess I need to go back and spray some of the crevices I might have missed with my bugspray. All the garage and garage door seals are about to be redone at my house too...damn hail storms and high winds. Gotta love Oklahoma.

By the way, if you're having a problem with spiders or anything....don't buy the overpriced stuff from the stores. Pick up the Chapin 1 gallon sprayer on Amazon for like $10 and the 3/4gal. Talstar Pro from Amazon and you're good to go for years. This is what 99% of professionals will use when they come out to 'professionally' spray your house. Dries clear, you can spray it anywhere, concentrated (1oz Talstar Pro to 1gal water), etc. Great stuff. So glad I heard about this instead of buying Ortho or whatever...over and over and over.

theblob640
11-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Yup, I know exactly how you feel. Scared me last time when there was a really long spider web down my hood and I pretty much freaked. Another is when I am driving and it is sunrise and see a spider web across my windshield thinking my windshield has a huge scratch.

KillaCam
11-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm just confused as to how they get there in the first place and how the mimic the look or swirls? I'm guessing it's a bunch of straight line spider webs in overlapping directions but where are all these webs coming from? It's gotten worse in the fall.

Thanks for the tip on the bug spray!