PDA

View Full Version : Car pro eraser?

Pages : [1] 2 3

lkotsios
11-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Is this to be used only after polishing car, or can I use it for stripping wax and sealants on a washed car so I can start fresh with a new wax or sealant?

Evan.J
11-13-2013, 12:50 PM
What are you trying to do?

CarPro Eraser will remove polishing oils from the surface of the paint which will make for a great surface for your wax sealant or coating to bond to.

I do not think it is strong enough to remove an LSP.

If you are wanting to remove a wax or a sealant then your best option is to polish the paint to ensure everything has been removed.

lkotsios
11-13-2013, 12:53 PM
What are you trying to do?

CarPro Eraser will remove polishing oils from the surface of the paint which will make for a great surface for your wax sealant or coating to bond to.

I do not think it is strong enough to remove an LSP.

If you are wanting to remove a wax or a sealant then your best option is to polish the paint to ensure everything has been removed.
I want to remove lsp's without abrassives, do you think lime prime light would be a good choice?

zmcgovern45
11-13-2013, 12:56 PM
You could do a concentrated citrus / apc wash to at least diminish and possibly fully remove the current LSP.

FUNX650
11-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Is this to be used only after polishing car,

or can I use it for stripping wax and sealants
on a washed car so I can start fresh with a new wax or sealant?
Before the current/latest car-washing session can even take place:
How long of a time frame has the vehicle "been wearing/attired in" a Wax, or Sealant, as the case may be?

Time and The Elements, among many factors, have a way of eroding-away many substances...
('Ashes to Ashes; Dust to Dust', so to say.)
Erosion/Eroded, in this sense, will also describe my confidence-level in many LSP's "wear-ability characteristics".

When approaching that end-stage of LSP-erosion:
Panel-Wipes, for me, probably are not a necessity.

I otherwise do not practice: "The Art of Stripping-LSP's".

:)

Bob

lkotsios
11-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Every 2 weeks or so i like to try out new combo's of lsp's, on my garage queen.

ZeroSP
11-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Now if you don't mind, claying do remove non-permanent LSP (most sealants and waxes). Else do a OPC mix OCWash washdown (or APC mix any car shampoo)

FUNX650
11-13-2013, 02:29 PM
First:
I would never even dream of doing something like that...
garage queen or not!!

Second:
I must say: That is quite a commitment.

Third:
I've often heard the saying that:
Fidelity, to a commitment...in the face of doubts and fears: Is a very spiritual thing.

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/angel/turnangel.gif

Bob

lkotsios
11-13-2013, 03:31 PM
First:
I would never even dream of doing something like that...
garage queen or not!!

Second:
I must say: That is quite a commitment.

Third:
I've often heard the saying that:
Fidelity, to a commitment...in the face of doubts and fears: Is a very spiritual thing.

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/angel/turnangel.gif

Bob
I am obsessive in finding my ultimate combo.

lkotsios
11-13-2013, 03:37 PM
So, Bob you wouldn't do that because it's a lot of work or bad for the paint?

PiPUK
11-13-2013, 03:47 PM

Gosh you need some higher quality sealants. Removing sealants as fresh as this should be damn near impossible. If you do a search, you will find my ramblings on the subject.

Summary of Ramblings: Most people with solutions for stripping LSP are either using a crap LSP or are being fooled by residual surfactant films which make the surface appear to be stripped.

lkotsios
11-13-2013, 04:09 PM
How do you know if a sealant is really removed? Only chemical analysis of your car surface in a lab by a scientist would let you know.

tdekany
11-13-2013, 04:47 PM
I am obsessive in finding my ultimate combo.

Not to start a pissing contest, but the ultimate combo is proper prep. Polish the paint to perfection, and you will be happy.

zmcgovern45
11-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Not to start a pissing contest, but the ultimate combo is proper prep. Polish the paint to perfection, and you will be happy.

^This! Properly polished paint will shine no matter what LSP you use. The visual difference in LSPs is minimal in the grand scheme of things IMO.

mg6045
11-13-2013, 05:33 PM
will not remove wax or sealants. might diminish a pure wax but not any of the polymer sealants that AG sells. same goes for the citrus car wash's. will not even come close to denting a sealant.

your looking for a paint cleaner really.