PDA

View Full Version : *Please Help!* Durrmaid Carpet Extractor not shooting water.

Buff-N-Glo
11-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Last couple of times I used it it would not shoot water until about 30 minutes after I started using it. The last detail I did it did not shoot out any water at all. Is it common for these things to break like this? This is a $700 machine, I thought this was quality!

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
11-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Last couple of times I used it it would not shoot water until about 30 minutes after I started using it. The last detail I did it did not shoot out any water at all. Is it common for these things to break like this? This is a $700 machine, I thought this was quality!

When I was comparing extractors I continually read that durrmaid products were not of the best quality and their customer service is even worse.

Buff-N-Glo
11-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Thank you man, that was really helpful

Evan.J
11-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Sounds like the pump is going bad. Have you tried contacting Durrmaid?

Vegas Transplant
11-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Sprayer tip is clogging up.
Take it off and blow with compressed air from the reverse. Or soak in LimeAway type product.

Edit: just went to your site and saw "Florida". You're gonna have to run a de-scaler solution through your line periodically to eliminate this.

Buff-N-Glo
11-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Take it off and blow with compressed air from the reverse. Or soak in LimeAway type product.

Edit: just went to your site and saw "Florida". You're gonna have to run a de-scaler solution through your line periodically to eliminate this.

Is that from hard water deposits? So the hose might be clogged?

Sounds like the pump is going bad. Have you tried contacting Durrmaid?

Not yet. Does the pump constantly pump water or does it just pump water when you pull the trigger?

Vegas Transplant
11-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Use a tool to remove the brass sprayer tip. Pull trigger. No solution~pump. Steady stream~nozzle.

You will need thread seal/Teflon tape to keep from future leaking.

Vegas Transplant
11-13-2013, 10:16 AM
If you do not have access to an air compressor, place nozzle or hose in a sealed bottle with an acid based wheel cleaner or CLR/LimeAway and water solution. Let soak and shake vigorously. Rinse and repeat as necessary. A partially filled soft drink bottle will work.

Buff-N-Glo
11-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the response, I'm going to try that.

Odviously Chemical guys is selling their own version of the durrmaid now, which is the exact same model, I just got off the phone with them and they said not to overfill it or the sensor will not work. I overfill it alot so I'm going to see if that's the problem.

Vegas Transplant
11-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I've never used, much less seen the Durrmaid extractor.

...not to overfill it or the sensor will not work. I overfill it alot so I'm going to see if that's the problem.

...shoot water until about 30 minutes after I started using it. The last detail I did it did not shoot out any water at all.

Who'da thunk :confused:

Happy detailing...:buffing:

Mike Phillips
11-13-2013, 11:00 AM

I agree.

I have to clean my tips due to the contaminants in the water.

The best thing to do is to clean the tips after every use. If you don't the contaminants that are deposited inside and around the tip will build-up.

I have yet to do this but I've been meaning to get a set of Torch Cleaning Tips and then use one of the smallest ones to clean the opening in tip for water passage.

You don't want to file it and make it any larger but you do want to clean it.

Good call VT

:dblthumb2:

Buff-N-Glo
11-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks Mike, I don't think the tips are clogged, but maybe the hose line might be? Who knows

Buff-N-Glo
12-11-2013, 01:02 PM
I just got off the phone with the Durrmaid owner. Well come to find out, it really is the pump. When the hose is disconected and you push on the tip with a flathead screwdriver, it should spray water out. But if it doesn't, then it's the pump. (Just in case anyone else out there is experiencing this kind of problem)

It's a 70$ part, but I guess it's part of the maintenence of owning one