PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Bug remover

Pages : [1] 2 3

stilltipping3
11-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Hi guys, I recently purchased a bug remover that dilutes 4:1 and 10:1. I haven't used it yet so not sure how good it is. What kind do u use and how is it?
Thanks

dc52nv
11-13-2013, 04:00 AM
Poorboy's Bug Squash diluted 1:3. Easily removes bugs and is LSP safe.

stilltipping3
11-13-2013, 04:14 AM
:thankyousign:
cool, I will look it up.

Success
11-13-2013, 06:27 AM
I use opc 6:1 and found it to work really well and not get rid of my protection. However, I've been curious about detailers road kill.

Wors
11-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Use the bug spray with the Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html). It will easily help to remove the bugs.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
11-13-2013, 07:58 AM
One of my favorites.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/71984-review-detailer-s-road-kill-bug-remover.html

If this product doesn't remove it, I'll use detailing clay or 3M adhesive remover.

Dogfather
11-13-2013, 08:19 AM
I have no complaints with Duragloss 471 and Pinnacle bug sponge if needed.

mg6045
11-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Optimum Power Clean 3:1. at that dilution you dont need a bug sponge. just spray, wait about 2 minutes and pressure rinse off. if there are still bug guts, just spray and agitate with a boars hair detail brush.

another really good one is auto finesse citrus power.

Desertnate
11-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Poorboy's Bug Squash diluted 1:3. Easily removes bugs and is LSP safe.

:iagree:

This is my choice. It works great.

I've also used it on tar, left over adhesive goo (on a new car), and other un-identifiable sticky/oily smudges. Everything wipes away with no effort.

Zambini
11-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Poor Boys Bug Squash

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

tuscarora dave
11-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Prestone "Bug Wash".

Only $3 a gallon, safe on paint, works just as good as any overpriced version of a similar product, can double as glass cleaner and can be had locally at just about any retailer.

Dogfather
11-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Prestone "Bug Wash".

Only $3 a gallon, safe on paint, works just as good as any overpriced version of a similar product, can double as glass cleaner and can be had locally at just about any retailer.

Safe on paint, but do you have to reapply LSP? That's what I like about DG 471. Pretty cheap too. More than 3 bucks a gallon though.

KillaCam
11-13-2013, 10:22 AM
I had been using the Duragloss stuff, but I felt like it had to have a very long dwell time for it to work well. I just got some Poorboy's Bug Squash in the mail so I will try that next.
It's not removing bugs that is difficult, it's removing the left over baked on guts that is always a chore for me, especially on neglected cars.

tuscarora dave
11-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Safe on paint, but do you have to reapply LSP? That's what I like about DG 471. Pretty cheap too. More than 3 bucks a gallon though.

Well... I really haven't done those tests because anything that comes into my shop is typically totally neglected and has no wax or sealant anyway.

Back before I Opti-Coated my personal car I did extensive testing on Poorboy's Bug Squash and determined that it does in fact remove wax and some sealants at full strength. I was able however to dilute it to a level where it helped with bug removal while seemingly not removing the LSP.

Maybe someday I'll do the same testing with the Prestone offering just for kicks.

I'd say for the sake of this thread and your particular maintenance needs, assume that the Prestone offering Is Not LSP safe until someone has proven otherwise.

For me, going from a neglected pile of crap looking paint finish that's covered in dried bug splatter to a finely polished "looking new again" machine, as part of the process it's a no brainer. Do I want to spend $3 a gallon, or do I want to spend $34 a gallon to meet the same ends.?..

rjd598
11-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Auto finesse citrus power