PDA

View Full Version : What color pads to get

MJT
11-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey guys what is the right color lake country ccs pads I should use for polishing with Meguires Ultimate polish.

Also I have a big job someone has asked me to do in cleaning their very large trailer/RV. They only want it washed and waxed. What would be the best color ccs pad to use for waxing with Meguires Ultimate gold class wax. How many wax pads would you use for this? I assume I don't need loads of pads since this is not compounding and there is no cut for wax pads.

Thanks.

davidg
11-13-2013, 01:11 AM
White for UP. Green also works well for me with a finishing polish. If it's not cutting like you want you could do a middle cut and use an orange pad.

Wax: black,blue,red. If you're doing a one-step cleaner wax then green.

I'd have a few with me. Some wax will dry on the pad, and you could drop one so you'll be down a day cleaning it. Minimum of 3 in my opinion. 2 would get the job done though.

artofdetailing
11-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Grey, Red, or Blue would be the correct pads. Also, there are many products that would give your client better protection and shine then megs gold class wax. Collinite 845 is an excellent value and will withstand the winter.

stilltipping3
11-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Hydro tech pad by LC are the BOMB brutha! Buy them all and see what each is used for on the site. U wont be disappointed!!

Radarryan
11-13-2013, 03:58 AM
Hydro tech pad by LC are the BOMB brutha! Buy them all and see what each is used for on the site. U wont be disappointed!!

I have to agree. Hydro-Tech are the way to go. I have a lot of CCS pads because when I was first starting out about a year ago, the CCS pads were bundled with every package, so I thought they were the best. I still have like 3 still in the wrapper. Wonder if I can still return them... lol

But seriously, take a minute a do some research on the differences between the CCS, HydroTech, and Flat. You may find that the flat or HT would be best suited for you. If you're a beginner I believe in Mike Phillip's book he says that flat pads are the best for beginners. Plus the CCS pockets make you use a lot of product. I have heard the CCS design is really more beneficial for rotary applications, not necessarily DA.

Any way you go, happy detailing!

MJT
11-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Cool thanks guys, lots for me to think about!!