PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Rinseless Wash ? - First SNOWFALL

Pages : [1] 2

mg6045
11-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Ive been out of the loop for a few months. I know only a few months, but the reality is that detailing has been progressing at a rapid pace since about 2011. so much so that it only takes a few months to be completely out of the loop.

I took the day off and woke up this morning to wash my car considering it was about 55 degrees out on sunday. As the garage door opened I saw the first signs of armageddon for car enthusiasts. SNOWFALL !!! along with high winds !... and more snowfall !!!. Turned it around and packed up the supply's. although ive done it before, I didnt feel like spending the day off washing my car in the snow.. not this time.

So before I make an order to replenish my winter supply's I wanted to ask what rinseless was the new flavor of the month ?

Which is your favorite and why after trying everything ?

swanicyouth
11-12-2013, 06:53 PM
IMO the two best are Pinnacle and UWW+. Really UWW+ is all you need since it works perfectly as a rinseless and waterless. I bought a gallon each of Pinnacle Waterless and Rinseless. The "with carnauba" thing gets me every time. But, I grab the UWW+ a lot as well.

I have a gallon of ONR V3.0 as well. I use it for clay lube and when I'm polishing a clean car to remove dust and here and there. But, IMO it's not as good as the other two.

mg6045
11-12-2013, 07:00 PM
IMO the two best are Pinnacle and UWW+. Really UWW+ is all you need since it works perfectly as a rinseless and waterless. I bought a gallon each of Pinnacle Waterless and Rinseless. The "with carnauba" thing gets me every time. But, I grab the UWW+ a lot as well.

I have a gallon of ONR V3.0 as well. I use it for clay lube and when I'm polishing a clean car to remove dust and here and there. But, IMO it's not as good as the other two.

so looks like some things dont change.. Ultima is what I decided on a while back. for its incredible ease of use and versatility. (and slickness when washing).

have you tried the ONR with carnuba ?

mg6045
11-12-2013, 07:03 PM
while we are here has anybody wondered why heck autogeek is still selling the rinseless and waterless as two separate products still ? we know the technology is there for them to be combined (ultima). Other then obvious reasons, i find it to be really annoying to be honest.

Meticulous-Detail
11-12-2013, 07:32 PM
I like Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax and Megs Waterless Wash n Wax Anywhere.

stilltipping3
11-13-2013, 04:46 AM
People have started buying the Turtle wax Rinse free stuff as it is available OTC everywhere and cheap. I have it and it works well. I also like Chemical Guys Eco smart. That's really good stuff. Garry Dean also has a product that works great as well. Optimum no Rinse is often a favorite of many people on here but is said to be the same as the Turtle wax stuff if I remember correctly on the thread. I would go with ECO-SMART or GARRY DEANS products. They dilute down big time and finish well. U can feel it so slick afterwards.

BillyJack
11-13-2013, 07:39 AM
I use Ultima as my go-to waterless, but haven't tried it as a rinseless yet. As temps get colder, my favorite rinseless is Duragloss. It dries easier and faster than ONR, ONRWW or Meg's RFEW in cooler temps and the Aquawax content adds a bit of gloss and slickness. I know there's others out there, but I'm satisfied enough with DG that I haven't had an urge to try anything else.

Bill

Klasse Act
11-13-2013, 08:34 AM
I've used many and I prefer DG rinseless, its got AW infused into it too. Currently, because of a great sale, I have been using Turtle Wax rinseless with GREAT sucess!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

2shiny
11-13-2013, 08:42 AM
wolf's chemicals wash and wipe is very nice as it leaves less gloss enhancer stuff behind, and the megs rinseless is also a great product. I'm no big fan of the products with to many surfactants or wax. I'd rather put a decent wax or spray wax on top

vet
11-13-2013, 08:48 AM
I use ONR. My neighbor even had me get him a bottle on my last order. (I haven't got him addicted yet, but I'm working on it, LOL)!

mg6045
11-13-2013, 08:57 AM
I was using Garry Deans detail juice until the price was raised. at that point I no longer felt it was worth it to use his site for one product. But his APC is really good though. I also felt UWW+ was very similar and the price difference was not justified.

so from what i'm seeing they are all still so similar that nothing sticks out above and beyond. so it just comes down to whats on sale and available at the time. ?

I wasnt too fond of the Megs rinseless because it only comes in gallon size and it foamed up a bunch and just felt different.

Has anyone tried the updated Detailer Pro rinseless ?

Caleb@ImpeccableImage
11-13-2013, 09:04 AM
My favorite rinseless is Meguiars D114 and then it can be topped with D156. Or if you want a nice waterless wash D115 is awesome as it already has the carnuba in it. However D114 is much cheaper.

KillaCam
11-13-2013, 10:39 AM
ONR and DG rinseless. ONR if I don't want any protection, DG if I want to add a little protection.

cleanmycorolla
11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
UWW+ is the best waterless and Rinseless. IMO

goldendodo19
11-13-2013, 11:32 AM
My favorite rinseless is Meguiars D114 and then it can be topped with D156. Or if you want a nice waterless wash D115 is awesome as it already has the carnuba in it. However D114 is much cheaper.

Glad someone else enjoys d114 also. Doesn't seem to get enough praise. It cleans well, doesn't streak and has nice lubricity. Also smells really good. Price point is not bad and dilution ratio is on par with most others. Top it up with d156 like you said and good to go