PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle detail

zach.rowe1
11-12-2013, 12:28 PM
what is the general price range for one of these? i would love plenty of information

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AG Online

zmcgovern45
11-12-2013, 12:39 PM
You're going to have to elaborate on what services you expect to be included in this detail. Many people will have completely different opinions on what a "detail" entails.

zach.rowe1
11-12-2013, 12:41 PM
wash, correction polish wax basically the same thing as a full detail on a car leather bags cleaned windshield polished

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AG Online

zmcgovern45
11-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Then, IMO, it will vary depending on the size and condition of the motorcycle... just like a car.

I have only worked on a couple of bikes in my time - my (old) 2007 zx-6r and my dad's Victory Jackpot.

Given that my bike had a lot more surface area due to all of the plastic fairings, it took A LOT longer. His bike is very open and easy to access everything. Also, there is minimal area to polish, 2 fenders and a gas tank basically.

I would charge per hour, like most of my work, since the amount of time required can vary greatly depending on the bike.

Pureshine
11-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I have to see the bike before I give a price. It depends on the kind of bike and size the bike.The last Harley I did I charged $225 took me 5hrs to polish out all the chrome. That worked out to be $45hr.

beamerstrumpet
11-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Spokes / rims? spokes start at 20.00 an hour depending on condition. Mags on or off bike? add a few more bucks. bikes are small compared to a car. I have been working my bike a lot longer than a I have been detailing cars. just a good cleaning is 3 to 4 hours without getting in the nooks and crannies.