PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0 Shelf Life After Using

garmz
11-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi All,

How long does Opti-Coat last in the container after it has been opened and resealed?

I am planning to do a vehicle before it goes into storage for the winter and save the rest for my daily driver when spring comes.

Thanks!

Evan.J
11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
You will be fine

zmcgovern45
11-12-2013, 11:31 AM
You will be fine as long as you keep the product stored in a temperature/humidity controlled environment.

As with any coating, sealant, or wax - it is best to keep them stored indoors if you are in an area where the climate changes drastically throughout the year or if you live in a particularly hot/humid area.

garmz
11-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks - wow that was lightning fast.

I live in Toronto, Canada is keeping it indoor is ideal.

Thanks for the input - I sent Optimum an email too lets see what they have to say.

VP Mark
11-12-2013, 12:12 PM
You will be fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

garmz
11-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the replies - going to make my purchase this weekend.

garmz
11-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Just got a reply from Opti coat and they mentioned it should be fine for storage for a 2-3 months as long as it is kept at a cool dry place ( but not the fridge)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

swanicyouth
11-14-2013, 10:54 AM
I seem to remember Chris from Optimum saying OC was good as long as it was liquid.

garmz
11-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Hm it could be that they are responding to emails with caution.

Better to be conservative in the company's perspective

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Vegas Transplant
11-14-2013, 11:02 PM
See post #5 ~ question # 10 of CEE DOG's interview with the good Doctor himself: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/34883-review-extreme-testing-opti-coat-2-0-cquartz.html

Q& A with Dr. G of Optimum:

Dr. G, It was great having an opportunity to talk with you at Detail Fest again this year. I have a few questions I was hoping you could answer for everyone. This Q&A will be posted online in my Coatings Review and Extreme Testing article.

Corey, It was a great pleasure seeing you again also and congratulations on the well deserved award you won for your thorough forum reviews. Your questions here are a prime example of your thoroughness which is partly due to your engineering background.

I also want to thank Chris for doing a superb job of explaining how to apply Opti-Coat to make the process easier and more effective for all users...

10.-Assuming its kept indoors in 65-78 degrees what is the shelf life of Opti-Coat 2.0 before being opened by the consumer?

Opti-Coat 2.0 has an infinite shelf life as long as moisture is not introduced into the product.

11.-If only some of the syringe is used and it is properly resealed with the cap what will the remaining shelf life be? Assume its kept indoors in 65-78 degrees.

Please refer to the previous answer.

garmz
11-14-2013, 11:55 PM
See post #5 ~ question # 10 of CEE DOG's interview with the good Doctor himself: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/34883-review-extreme-testing-opti-coat-2-0-cquartz.html

Wonder why their email support would state something different.

Thanks for that quote!

Vegas Transplant
11-15-2013, 12:22 AM
I would trust the email. Specific answer to your specific question.