PDA

View Full Version : Sonax Wheel Cleaner Full Effect Review & Demonstration

SON1C
11-11-2013, 09:26 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYZUqigxygI]How to Clean Wheels with Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner - Review & Demonstration on Cadillac CTS - YouTube[/video]
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1399721_10201679139872846_827390727_o.jpg
This is not me ( SON1C )
This video review is conducted by Detailers Collective. This review and tutorial was recorded at the monthly Northern Virginia Detail Event which was spawned from the Auto Geek Online Thread Northern Virginia team detail anyone? - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/63027-northern-virginia-team-detail-anyone.html)

This video showcases how he uses Sonax Wheel Cleaner, discloses a lot of information and tips on cleaning wheels as well as showcasing his technique. A Daytona Wheel Brush, Wheel Woolie Wheel Brush, and sponges are used in this wheel cleaning video.

statusdetailing
11-11-2013, 09:55 PM
My favorite wheel cleaner by far. I never feel nervous applying it to pretty much any wheel.

artofdetailing
11-11-2013, 09:56 PM
My favorite wheel cleaner by far. I never feel nervous applying it to pretty much any wheel.

Agreed but can't they make it smell a little better!!!

07RS4
11-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Good review Son1c.

I love the stuff...when bought in sale in the 2/5l containers it can be had for about $6.50 a bottle. Used on a dry wheel with 5 minute dwell it works best, but like stated in the video, I've had it were Iron X will pick up a little more even after using the FE.

Kwazar fine mist sprayers will also help save some product. I usually use 1/4 a bottle for wheels in good condition, about 1/2 bottle for trashed wheels. That is for all 4 wheels.

Thanks again for the review and tips!!

statusdetailing
11-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Smells like burnt hair on a rotten lemon.

07RS4
11-11-2013, 11:51 PM
haha

Vegas Transplant
11-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Big Up to the NOVA hands :props:

Doin' the dang thing.

Larry S
11-12-2013, 08:06 AM
If the wheels have been waxed with DP or Collinite, will this remove all the wax?

Thanks

statusdetailing
11-12-2013, 09:09 AM
I cant imagine a wax surviving this stuff.

JSou
11-12-2013, 09:57 AM
I don't mind the smell actually. Much better than original IX.

I've also heard some decent reviews about Wolfgang's Uber wheel cleaner.

stilltipping3
11-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Its not as good as IRon X but I use it for the rims solely and Iron x for the paint now. Have both of them ready and you will be fine. I also use Brown royal for the intermediate car washes as that the least expensive one that will get the job done as well. I also have the Megs wheel brightener but I am scared to use it. It just seems to be soooo strong and sketchy.

statusdetailing
11-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Its not as good as IRon X but I use it for the rims solely and Iron x for the paint now. Have both of them ready and you will be fine. I also use Brown royal for the intermediate car washes as that the least expensive one that will get the job done as well. I also have the Megs wheel brightener but I am scared to use it. It just seems to be soooo strong and sketchy.

You're right, Iron X definitely has an edge over of Sonax, but at a cost. Every once in a great while, Iron X will stain wheels. It's never caused any damaged that couldn't be polished out, but annoying nevertheless.

Sonax gives me peace of mind, and that's why it's my go to wheel cleaner for high end details. If necessary, like you, I will bring out Iron X.