PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Pinnacle Black Diamond Coating BUT...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

artofdetailing
11-11-2013, 06:05 PM
I didn't order the paint cleansing lotion. I am planning to use it on a car that will be receiving a full paint correction...I know how to do proper prep work before applying a coating but in the description for the PBD coating it says "If you do not use Surface Cleansing Polish before applying one of the Diamond coatings, the result will be complete failure of the coating"

So do I now need to buy the cleansing polish and use it even with all the other prep work being done? Feed back please

artofdetailing
11-11-2013, 06:38 PM
BUMP no help anyone?

HateSwirls
11-11-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm one of those guys that goes by the instructions.
When we buy something that cost a lot it makes sense to follow what the manufacture reccomends for us to do.

If it was me I'd skip your prep work and just buy the lotion, that way no regrets.

cleanmycorolla
11-11-2013, 06:49 PM
You should ideally use what is recommended, or else you might just be wasting time and product.

artofdetailing
11-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Can't skip prep work. I'm correcting the paint on a Porsche Carrera. It was my understanding that the lotion was for maintaining the coating and then upon re reading it I found out that if it's not used it will be a total failure of the system.

goodinblack
11-11-2013, 06:50 PM
You should ideally use what is recommended, or else you might just be wasting time and product.

This

Why risk it. Just do it right the first time

statusdetailing
11-11-2013, 07:32 PM
From what I understand, the DP coating prep polish will work as well if you have any of that.
I ordered the Black diamond elite kit. I'm going to start offering the paint, glass and wheel coating to my customers. The kit came with the cleansing polish. I almost just bought the coatings separately and purchased the DP prep polish since it's twice the size of the black label cleansing polish, for the same price.

I'm thinking $250 for the paint, $50 for wheels and $50 for glass or $300 for all three. What do you think? This is in addition to the detail, obviously.

I already upsold the glass coating (All exterior glass) to a client with a brand new 5 series bmw. I'll be doing opti coat on the paint as well.

Eric@CherryOnTop
11-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I have confirmed with Nick that DP prep polish is made to clean the surface properly for any coating and will not leave any bonding issues with with Black Diamond coating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

FUNX650
11-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I have confirmed with Nick that DP prep polish is made to clean the surface properly for any coating and will not leave any bonding issues with with Black Diamond coating.

^^^...Information that's worth its weight in Gold!!...(And in Black Diamonds, as well.)...^^^

Thank you, my Good Sir. :props:

Bob

statusdetailing
11-11-2013, 07:58 PM

I think this is going to make it difficult for them to sell the BL cleansing polish, since the DP prep polish is twice the size. I will be receiving the BL cleansing polish with my kit, but will probably replace it with the DP version when it runs out.

Now, if the BL cleansing Polish works easier/better the DP I can see how they would justify the higher price.

Has anyone tried both? Are there any noticeable differences?

HateSwirls
11-11-2013, 07:59 PM
DP Prep Polish will work using any coating,it will really clean the paint to give it a better bond.
All that work , might as well get it right the first time:dblthumb2:

Old Tiger
11-11-2013, 07:59 PM
I asked last week if the DP cleansing would work as well. I didn't get an answer. AG should tell folks if they have a better value alternative.I would assume Dura Gloss Squeaky Clean would be similar too.

artofdetailing
11-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Ok so even after washing, decon, clay, 3 stage polish, and opti eraser the paint still needs either the DP or BL lotion? I just need a for sure answer so I can order it tonight if I absolutely have to

FUNX650
11-11-2013, 08:05 PM
I think this is going to make it difficult for them to sell the BL cleansing polish, since the DP prep polish is twice the size.
Better hope that AGO keeps offering the DP prep polish.

If DP prep polish works as a substitute for BL cleansing polish...
Then what's to say that BL cleansing polish won't work as a substitute for DP prep polish?

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/whistle.gif

Bob

melF1fan
11-11-2013, 08:07 PM
I've used both the DP prep and Black Diamond prep polishes. Both are very similar cleaning characteristics and both don't stick to the bottle. They cleanly slide down the sides, but the Black diamond is quite a bit thicker than the DP.

It may be just me and i need to go back and test them again, but it seems the Black Diamond is a bit easier to work with as it's a much thicker consistency and the DP is almost like water. It runs out of the bottle top and if your not careful, it can be slightly messy.

Both go a very long way, you need only very little at all to cover a panel.

Point is, i don't think there will be any noticable difference between the 2.

Now if you don't have either one of these, i don't think proper prep done correctly will have any negative effect either