PDA

View Full Version : Need a "one step" product

Pages : [1] 2 3

House of Wax
11-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Well boys and girls, it looks like I've got my first "paying" job coming up with a second possibly after that, and the one product I'm missing is something that will work for a "one step" polish/wax job. Up until now I've always done whatever polishing steps were necessary followed by a sealant or carnauba. These first couple of customers are looking to keep things cheap, so I'm looking for something that will reasonably clean the paint up and add some protection. About the closest thing I have to that right now is Klasse AIO, but I'm wondering what's out there that has a little more protective qualities.

zmcgovern45
11-11-2013, 01:39 PM
What about Meguiar's D151.

Meguiars D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-paint-reconditioning-cream-d151.html)

I have no experience with it myself, but I have seen many people singing its praises and posting photos of very good correction abilities for an AIO product. I don't recall much feedback on protection durability though, so I'm sure you could find that info in existing threads.

keepitclean
11-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I'll chime in with a thumbs up to "Pinnacle XMT 360". One of my favorites.

CM8 6MT
11-11-2013, 02:12 PM
What about Meguiar's D151.

D151, Klasse & Duragloss are one of the best AIO's on the market. The type of PAD you use with these, or any other AIO will also affect the end results.

For your situation, I would recommend you choose one that is cost effective & results effective at the same time. Just keep in mind that AIOs protection ability will always be miminal regardless of brand.

Vegas Transplant
11-11-2013, 02:26 PM
all in one polish, car polish wax, cleaner wax, best car wax polish, Klasse All In One, one step polish wax, AIO wax, AIO paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/all-in-one-cleaner-wax.html)

Store page with various AIO's.
From what I've read, hard to beat Poorboy's for durability.
Poorboys World Polish with Sealant, Poorboys PWS, paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-polish-sealant.html)
Optimum user myself.

wdmaccord
11-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I've been looking into Megs Mirror Glaze #6 and Finish Kare 215. From my readings it sounds like these provide pretty good/durable protection. I started looking into these because I had a neighbor stop by the other day to see about doing some details for his wholesale car business. By his reaction it seemed he didn't like the price, which I could reduce by incorporating an AIO product.

As a benefit to myself and the OP, maybe other members that have used these 2 products above can chime in?

Pureshine
11-11-2013, 02:59 PM
I like AF Tripple AIO works really good.

07gtcs
11-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Why not top it with something like Crystal Seal for a bit more durability? It only takes a few more minutes.

KillaCam
11-11-2013, 03:02 PM
D151 for more cut and less durability. Duragloss 501 for less cut and more durability.

silverfox
11-11-2013, 03:40 PM
When it comes to AIOs and amazing cleaning/protection, its very hard to beat DG 501.

jankerson
11-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I've been looking into Megs Mirror Glaze #6 and Finish Kare 215. From my readings it sounds like these provide pretty good/durable protection. I started looking into these because I had a neighbor stop by the other day to see about doing some details for his wholesale car business. By his reaction it seemed he didn't like the price, which I could reduce by incorporating an AIO product.

As a benefit to myself and the OP, maybe other members that have used these 2 products above can chime in?

I would say D151 would be the choice for that.

RTexasF
11-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Another fan of Duragloss #501. Follow it up with Duragloss Aquawax (10 minutes) and it will look like you spent a week on it.

wdmaccord
11-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Another fan of Duragloss #501. Follow it up with Duragloss Aquawax (10 minutes) and it will look like you spent a week on it.

Are you guys meaning to say "501"? That looks like a boat and RV polish? Just curious if you meant "105" which is the DG Total Performance Polish?

swanicyouth
11-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Just to confuse you even more, I think the best stuff is:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/12/bumane5e.jpg

I say that because it has good abrasives AND a glaze; not to mention a sealant all in one. Also, the spray doesn't get any easier to use.

A lot if the other products are paint cleaners with sealants. GPS can actually fix some defects, the glaze can hide some as well.

wdmaccord
11-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Just to confuse you even more, I think the best stuff is:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/12/bumane5e.jpg

I say that because it has good abrasives AND a glaze; not to mention a sealant all in one. Also, the spray doesn't get any easier to use.

A lot if the other products are paint cleaners with sealants. GPS can actually fix some defects, the glaze can hide some as well.

Interesting...never looked at this one. Doesn't is splatter all over being a more fluid consistency? Do you spray on the paint and buff, or spray on the pad and buff?