PDA

View Full Version : Winter Car Wash

rouxster
11-11-2013, 10:23 AM
What do you all do when it's too cold to wash your car? Do you pressure wash it or something else? I'm in Louisiana and I know it's tropical in the winter compared to the most of the other parts of the country, but for us, it's still too cold to wash your car sometimes.

VP Mark
11-11-2013, 10:28 AM
ONR Wash with warm water.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

rouxster
11-11-2013, 10:29 AM
What's ONR? And unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of warm water, at least to wash my truck with :)

zmcgovern45
11-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Winter Washing with Optimum No Rinse (ONR) | Ask a Pro Blog (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/winter-washing-with-optimum-no-rinse-onr/)

KS_Detailing
11-11-2013, 11:25 AM
I have a really small garage right now but I'm thinking about clearing it completely out and washing the cars inside. The garage has cement walls and floor w/ a drain in the middle. There is also water and power hook up inside to set up the electric pressure washer. Its sort of heated. The heating pipes run through so it stays a constant 60 degrees. It just tight on the sides though. I can't really open the doors all the way to get the jambs.

SYMAWD
11-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Maybe this would be helpful?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sv4KthAFTs]Adam's Premium Car Care Winter Washing Tips - YouTube[/video]

VP Mark
11-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Just get 2 gallons of warm water in your bucket from your house, add optimum no rinse concentrate, and go to town!

Make the water as hot as you can stand because it will cool down quickly once you start washing.

07gtcs
11-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Just get 2 gallons of warm water in your bucket from your house, add optimum no rinse concentrate, and go to town!

Make the water as hot as you can stand because it will cool down quickly once you start washing.

Or any of your favorite rinseless wash manufacturers. I use Blackfire Rinseless myself, just a personal preference.

CM8 6MT
11-11-2013, 05:23 PM
ONR Wash with warm water.

I agree

Romans5.8
11-11-2013, 05:25 PM
I've been hitting the coin-ops to knock as much off as I can with the pressure washer, then doing a rinseless or waterless when I get home, and a little detail spray or spray wax. I guess I'm just nervous about using a rinseless or waterless on my car! (Gets gritty in the winter) without first knocking off as much as I can anyway.

wdmaccord
11-11-2013, 05:59 PM
I've been hitting the coin-ops to knock as much off as I can with the pressure washer, then doing a rinseless or waterless when I get home, and a little detail spray or spray wax. I guess I'm just nervous about using a rinseless or waterless on my car! (Gets gritty in the winter) without first knocking off as much as I can anyway.

Ditto! I don't use any of the soap settings at the coin-op, just the high pressure rinse to get most of the grit off, then home to do a RW in the garage with hot water from the tap as others have mentioned. I have been using Blackfire RW also, but going to try out DGRW + AW for my next rinseless. Final wipedown with DGAW or FK Anti-static Poly Spray.