PDA

View Full Version : 2 bucket method, What is it?

tnbug4me
06-24-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm not sure what it means when i read about this. I did a search, if the answer was there i missed it too.
Thanks.

Truls
06-24-2007, 07:32 AM
1 bucket with water and soap and 1 bucket with only water.

Rinse the mitt in water only bucket and then put it in the water/soap bucket and wash.

All the dirt you collect in the mitt when washing is rinsed of in the water only bucket, and the water soap bucket is keept free of dirt etc

tnbug4me
06-24-2007, 07:52 AM

Rinse the mitt in water only bucket and then put it in the water/soap bucket and wash.

All the dirt you collect in the mitt when washing is rinsed of in the water only bucket, and the water soap bucket is keept free of dirt etc

Thanks for this. If the car is hardly dirty at all, you know just really dusty is it best to still do this?
I'm going today to purchase another bucket.

ScottB
06-24-2007, 08:02 AM
get a foam gun, then you can go to one bucket. Just needed for rinsing towels and mitts.

Truls
06-24-2007, 08:04 AM
If the car is just dusty and hosed well with HP before washing it may not be nessesary.

Im more like a "better safe than sorry" person myself, but i use the GritGuard and not the 2 bucket metod

the GritGuard, works well:
Grit Guard is the maker of car washing solutions that protect your vehicle while improving its appearance. (http://www.autogeek.net/grit-guard.html)

Torsion Tool
06-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Actually, some use a third bucket to soak used/caked towels and applicators or four if one is dedicated to wheels only, maybe five if you also detail the engine at the same time, or six to avoid cross contamination. Then, too, I've seen where someone swears by doubling the grit guards for good measure insurance. As a patriotic, red blooded American I know that if two are good, then three and more must be better and one can never have enough stuff.

sparkie
06-24-2007, 09:34 AM

:iagree:

tnbug4me
06-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Great information and thanks for link. :cheers:

PhaRO
06-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I always wondered why the second bucket is just rinse water. Why not just two buckets of soap or two buckets of ONR. I think the idea of getting the dirt out of the mitt is good but don't like the continual dilution of the wash water. Expensive would be one reason. I suppose some wring the mitt out after the rinse bucket too.

SPiN
06-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Actually, some use a third bucket to soak used/caked towels and applicators or four if one is dedicated to wheels only, maybe five if you also detail the engine at the same time, or six to avoid cross contamination. Then, too, I've seen where someone swears by doubling the grit guards for good measure insurance. As a patriotic, red blooded American I know that if two are good, then three and more must be better and one can never have enough stuff.

you cannot be serious.... I just use a bucket with a grit guard.

Surfer
06-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I use 4...lol, only b/c I have a bunch of buckets lying around and it take about 20 seconds to fill them all up. Then I use one for each side of the vehicle. I don't use grit gaurds, they've never done anything for me, some eventually started to float to the top and if you swish your hand/mitt in the water it will still cause particles to suspend in the water, its not like the guards trap everything.

Plus with the Edge Shmitt, all you do is give a spray of the hose, quick dunk and rub and its clean again.