PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Zealand!!

kiwi
11-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi all,

I think I have officially read every single article that Mike Phillips has written and I even had a relaxing weekend of reading through his eBook on the iPad. It's amazing how you can read about a certain skill/technique and tap the screen and suddenly Mike is giving you a personal video demo on the iPad!

Anyways, I have found a detailing supplier in NZ to get friendly with and have what I need to wash, polish and finish by hand.

My next adventure is shopping for a DA and have it narrowed down to the Megs G220v2 or spending a bit more and looking at a Rupes BigFoot or a Flex 3401. I have found suppliers for all three but unfortunately due to low market saturation here. They are damn expensive. Around $370 USD for the Megs DA and about $650-750 USD for the Flex or Rupes.

I'm sure I will have a million and one questions to ask but in the meantime I just wanted to say hi!

I bought a Mazdaspeed 3 last week and spent the weekend detailing it. I gave it a wash, clay, used Megs Scratch X by hand on a few bad spots and sealed off with some Megs Carnauba Wax. My wrists are killing me and I definitely can't wait for a DA to assist me with the next detail.

I have included a couple pics to see the results. Note: this is my first time with a clay bar and this detail was done only after fully reading Mike's book and trawling through tons and tons of articles and videos.

A couple years ago, I had a go on a rotary polisher on a test panel (scrap metal) and pretty much ruined it. I promised myself I would learn the proper way this time round :)

Enjoy!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5505/10798834514_b702a55f4e_c.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2851/10798958373_a898322288_c.jpg

P.S: As I was writing this up, my partner sheepishly came to me and told me that she has just stepped on the iPad and smashed the screen. So, I will leave you for the night and go deal with the matter at hand.

Cheers,

Cameron <-- Real Name!

Kevin Cullen
11-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Welcome! Wow that is expensive for the tools. What you will pay for the DA I paid for my flex. Glad to see you joined up.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Welcome to AGO! Glad to have you.

Nice looking Mazda!

Evan.J
11-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Nice job polishing by hand looks great!

kiwi
11-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys. The hard work surely paid off. :)

Mike Phillips
11-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

I think I have officially read every single article that Mike Phillips has written and I even had a relaxing weekend of reading through his eBook on the iPad.

It's amazing how you can read about a certain skill/technique and tap the screen and suddenly Mike is giving you a personal video demo on the iPad!

Cameron <-- Real Name!

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

And thank you for your business....

:dblthumb2:

kiwi
11-11-2013, 03:41 PM
I enjoyed the book so much I wanted to pay for again after reading it :)