PDA

View Full Version : SEMA was a BLAST!!!! - But it's good to be home...

Mike Phillips
11-11-2013, 07:44 AM
SEMA was a BLAST!!!! - But it's good to be home...

Like the title says, SEMA was a BLAST!!!!! but it's good to be back home and back to work and there's a LOT of work to do.

Love the new Duetto Polisher from Rupes and I think it's going to become a very popular high-end version of the Porter Cable.

After buffing out a few cars with it including my truck. See this thread posted on July 4th, 2012...

Bouncers Capture the Rapture Monster Truck Detail (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/67118-bouncers-capture-rapture-monster-truck-detail.html)

Note the first sentence,

Did some product, tool and pad testing today... took a few pictures during the process...

There was something I liked about this tool but as a substitute for the Porter Cable, Griot's Garage and Meguiar's dual action polishers but I couldn't tell what it was?

After talking to Marco D'Inca about it on this last Friday, the last day of the SEMA show and explaining to him my observations he told me how it's different. Suffice to say, I really like the new Duetto.

Besides the new tools introduced at SEMA there were a lot of other cool products introduced that we'll be using at my next detailing boot camp class in January as well as in May and even September this year so clear your schedule and make plans to be at one of these classes.

Today is catch-up day, tomorrow we're filming a new Ship Shape TV show and then Thursday is an extreme makeover to a 2013 Dodge Charger in Pearl Jazz Blue.

Sign-up: 2013 Jazz Blue Charger - Extreme Makeover! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sign-up-project-cars-clinics/72057-sign-up-2013-jazz-blue-charger-extreme-makeover.html)

We'll be using the new Rupes Duetto and applying the new Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.

Big thank you to all our regular forum members that maintained the stellar reputation AGO has built by welcoming new members and answering questions over the last week...

Thank you!

Now it's time to start catching-up...

:dblthumb2:

Wors
11-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Welcome back Mike!

Chris@AutoCleanse
11-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Welcome back, Mike

57BORNTORUN
11-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Taint no place like home!!! Welcome back.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Welcome back Mike! Glad to see you made it home ok.

Shortspark
11-11-2013, 10:57 AM
I just checked SEMA's website becasue I was thinking I might want to attend next year. However, it says it is for industry employees only. Well, the closest I am to "industry employee" is being a member here at AutoGeek's forum. Being a "Geek" should qualify me - right? I mean, how can they refuse admission to an AutoGeek? How do I get tickets?

Harry Da Hamster
11-11-2013, 12:21 PM
It's good to be home, but it's great to be at Spearmint Rhino!

Pats300zx
11-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Welcome home Mike !!!

TheCougarGuy
11-11-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm really bummed I wasn't able to make SEMA this year but I will be going back next year.

I introduced my buddy to Autogeek a few years back at SEMA so now his last stop on Friday is at the Autogeek booth to pick up some of the hot deals before they pack up.

Shortspark
11-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I still want to know how do you get tickets?

tdekany
11-11-2013, 04:38 PM
At the minimum, you have to be a pro detailer.

RTexasF
11-11-2013, 04:42 PM
We are glad that you're back safely Mike along with all others involved. For me the highlight would have been meeting the two gents from Wheeler Dealers.

Shortspark
11-11-2013, 10:04 PM
At the minimum, you have to be a pro detailer.

Too bad then. I guess it is strictly a trade show so I will never be able to attend.