PDA

View Full Version : how addicted you get to detailing

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
11-10-2013, 07:50 PM
My family has a 2012 edge that is being turned in tomorrow for a 2013 edge. While it is being turned in,.... I went ahead and "fixed" Detailed it. I notice that everywhere us detailers go, we always want to work on something

Rsurfer
11-10-2013, 07:56 PM
My family has a 2012 edge that is being turned in tomorrow for a 2013 edge. While it is being turned in,.... I went ahead and "fixed" Detailed it. I notice that everywhere us detailers go, we always want to work on something

Why the trade in so soon?

Bill1234
11-10-2013, 08:12 PM
dealership was offering a deal, If you trade in yours now, you will get discounts from trying to move the 2013s off the lot. Family also needed more miles plan

Rsurfer
11-10-2013, 08:15 PM
dealership was offering a deal, If you trade in yours now, you will get discounts from trying to move the 2013s off the lot. Family also needed more miles plan

Nice that they got a good deal.

11-10-2013, 08:19 PM
I need a 12 step recovery program lol!

Step 1. We admitted we were powerless over waxing and that our wives had become unmanageable.
Step 2. Came to believe that a better wax could restore us to sanity.
Step 3. Made a decision to turn our wheels and our tires over to a tire shine as we understood it.
Step 4. Made a searching and fearless swirl inventory of our rides.
Step 5. Admitted to A.G.O., to ourselves and to another detailer the exact nature of our paint condition.
Step 6. Were entirely ready to have M-105 remove these defects and swirls.
Step 7. Humbly asked our banks to increase our credit limits.
Step 8. Made a list of all the products we would need and became willing to pay for them all.
Step 9. Made a direct leveling of our swirls except when to do so would remove too much clear or strike through.
Step 10. Continued to use 2 buckets and when the water got dirty promptly replaced it.
Step 11. Sought through detailing forums to improve our process as we understood it, asking only for the knowledge of products and the technique to use them.
Step 12. Having achieved a perfect paint finish as a result of these steps, we tried to carry these techniques to other detailers and to practice these processes with all of our vehicles.

:buffing:

Bill1234
11-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Nice that they got a good deal.

basically, we traded more miles for less of a car as most of the stuff that we are changing, we didnt use

Chris's FX4
11-10-2013, 09:41 PM
basically, we traded more miles for less of a car as most of the stuff that we are changing, we didnt use
Are both cars a lease?

custmsprty
11-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Sounds like lease.

BlkHemiLTD
11-10-2013, 10:39 PM

Step 1. We admitted we were powerless over waxing and that our wives had become unmanageable.
Step 3. Made a decision to turn our wheels and our tires over to a tire shine as we understood it.
Step 5. Admitted to A.G.O., to ourselves and to another detailer the exact nature of our paint condition.
Step 8. Made a list of all the products we would need and became willing to pay for them all.
Step 9. Made a direct leveling of our swirls except when to do so would remove too much clear or strike through.
Step 10. Continued to use 2 buckets and when the water got dirty promptly replaced it.
Step 11. Sought through detailing forums to improve our process as we understood it, asking only for the knowledge of products and the technique to use them.
Step 12. Having achieved a perfect paint finish as a result of these steps, we tried to carry these techniques to other detailers and to practice these processes with all of our vehicles.

That's pretty good but my process was more like

Discover Auto Geek
Went broke
NOW wife became unmanageable

01GreyStangGT
11-10-2013, 11:35 PM

Love it!

Bill1234
11-11-2013, 11:50 AM
yes, both cars are on a lease. However, we got 15,000 miles over 3 years on an sel vs 12,000 miles over 2 years on a limited. Basically, with all the changes, the price would be about the same

Bill1234
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM
btw, since im now educated here is what Ill do to fix the leased car up upon arrival
foam gun wash
clay
collinite 845 wax,
optimum opti bond tire shine

Hopefully I dont get a messed with clear coat or it means :buffing:

goldendodo19
11-11-2013, 12:11 PM
btw, since im now educated here is what Ill do to fix the leased car up upon arrival
foam gun wash
clay
collinite 845 wax,
optimum opti bond tire shine

Hopefully I dont get a messed with clear coat or it means :buffing:

If it's a lease I wouldn't even bother polishing it to be honest. Just wash and wax it regularly an call it a day.

What color did you get?

Bill1234
11-11-2013, 12:13 PM
If it's a lease I wouldn't even bother polishing it to be honest. Just wash and wax it regularly an call it a day.

What color did you get?

mineral gray, basically brown mixed with gray and bit of metallic flake

BlkHemiLTD
11-12-2013, 12:18 AM

What color did you get?

On a lease turn in they usually inspect the bejeezus out of it and will try and charge you for any little thing they can! Of course swirls might not be on their radar anyway.