PDA

View Full Version : So dirty and beautiful.

Pages : [1] 2

olenderc
11-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I went to inspect and snap some pictures of my new 2014 Subaru WRX STi today. I'll be picking her up Monday, since my insurance agency was closed on the weekend. I must have called my salesman on 5 separate occasions during the 3 month wait for my factory order just to remind him that nobody wash, take off any plastic, or detail any aspect of my car. I was pleasantly greeted with this dirty girl this afternoon: :xyxthumbs: Im the MAN

http://i.imgur.com/XunpbMf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CMFlqY9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bGASxpD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7Joq6Rk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KbZGr7l.jpg

I really want to give her a good wash, maybe a light polish with WG Finishing Glaze on a white LC Flat Pad, and top with my fresh bottle of Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating!

Unfortunately, temperatures, have gotten to the high 40's, low 50's and I don't think I will be able to effectively accomplish any of this especially since my garage is unheated. It looks like all I'll really be able to get away with is a wash (either ONR or Meg's Gold Class + ONR for extra lubricity) and sealing with Duragloss #105 until warmer temperatures next spring. It kind of bums me out because it is probably my one and only chance where the paint will be practically perfect and untouched. I'll be lucky if I can brave the winter without any small but fixable swirl/scratch/rock-chip type damage *fingers crossed.*

BlackHawk
11-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Sweet car! :D im a huge sti fan! Actually getting an 04,05 around feb/march :)

As far as paint protecting goes, i would just bite the bullet and work in a cold garage. If you can wash it and put #105 on it, you sure as hell can spend a couple more hours using a fine polish (i recommend Carpro Reflect) and then protecting it all with the PBLPC :D You're going to regret it if you dont!

olenderc
11-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Sweet car! :D im a huge sti fan! Actually getting an 04,05 around feb/march :)

As far as paint protecting goes, i would just bite the bullet and work in a cold garage. If you can wash it and put #105 on it, you sure as hell can spend a couple more hours using a fine polish (i recommend Carpro Reflect) and then protecting it all with the PBLPC :D You're going to regret it if you dont!

It's not so much the time I'm afraid of putting in (I actually have the week off from work :D). I'm just more worried about the polish not working as well in that temperature. Even more I'm worried about the PBL Paint Coating not flashing/curing strong enough where I won't feel like I gave her a solid coat. Nick@autogeek recommended an ideal application temperature of 60-90 degrees; I won't be anywhere near that.

Congrats as well! I'm actually a big fan of the 04/05 blob-eye years. It is by far my all-time favorite body-style. If I could buy a mint-condition 04/05 (or by some grace of god, new) I would in a heart-beat. Obsidian Black Pearl ftw :xyxthumbs:

lyodbraun
11-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Congrats you know most insurance companies have you covered on new vehicles even before you call them and get INS, your current policy will cover the new vehicle... FYI.. You will have to post some pics when you get it home, before and after the detailing...enjoy your new car..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

aim4squirrels
11-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Get a space heater for the garage and get it done. It'll never be as new as it is right now. Take the bull by the horns, man.

This is your time, your finest hour!

Now, go to YouTube and watch the ending of Braveheart...

parttimer
11-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Might be able to rent a torpedo heater and get it done!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Sicoupe
11-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Sweet ride:) Congrats!

Romans5.8
11-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Might be able to rent a torpedo heater and get it done!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

+1 or even buy them, they aren't that expensive but are useful!.

And while it may sound counterintuitive, if you use a forced air gas heater like that, you should leave the garage door at least partially open. Humans like their oxygen!

A couple electric space heaters will heat the garage up to 60 though I bet!

jpegs13
11-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Congrats on the new car! It's awesome! And your dealer deserves props for listening and NOT "prepping" the car!
Now go clean that thing!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Congrats on the car purchase! I really like the STI hatchback version.

wrb_subie
11-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Congrats on the car..still debating trading my 12 wrx in for a new one. Kinda wanting to see what 2015 has in store..

VP Mark
11-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Suck it up and work in the cold!! :) Congrats on the car and make sure to post some pics when you get it cleaned up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

vet
11-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Congrats on the new car! I would think a space heater will take the chill out of the garage so you can get it done.

olenderc
11-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Congrats on the car..still debating trading my 12 wrx in for a new one. Kinda wanting to see what 2015 has in store..

I traded in my 2013 WRX for the STi, I felt like I cheated myself by settling for the WRX when I've wanted the STi since they were introduced. I should have just bought the STi in the first place last year, but I guess you live and learn. As to the 2015's, it's generally not a good idea to buy the first of any new generation of cars. When the 08+ GR body style was released there were tons of problems including the all-famous piston ringland issue. While, the ringland issue is still considered to be prevalent, it may not be as pronounced as it used to be. I decided to bite on the 2014 as it would be the last year of this generation/body style and possibly the last year they are making hatchbacks (rumor).

To everyone else, thank you for the kind responses. I have a small space heater I might try. Might not be the most effective, but it'll have to do. I'm gonna go ahead with a wash, iron-x, clay, and polish with WG Finishing Glaze, then coat with PBL Diamond Paint Coating.

Now off to prep the WRX for trade-in tomorrow. I have no doubt it'll be the cleanest car they'll have on their lot for a while :laughing:.

Kacz
11-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Looks slow....

Wait what? (AVI :D)

Congrats !!!