PDA

View Full Version : Do swirls bother you if they're not on your car?

Pages : [1] 2 3

abcdang
11-09-2013, 03:15 PM
My car is in the shop for longer than expected, so I've been driving around in the dealer's loaner car...

I decided to take care of some RIDS on the hood and swirls on the rear since, you know, you should always return things you borrow in as-good or better condition.

kevincwelch
11-09-2013, 03:25 PM
My car is in the shop for longer than expected, so I've been driving around in the dealer's loaner car...

I decided to take care of some RIDS on the hood and swirls on the rear since, you know, you should always return things you borrow in as-good or better condition.

That's funny -- only because I had to use the Roadster loaner when my Model S was at the service center. So, what did I do? detailed it...

Challynger
11-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Maybe you could negotiate a discount for the work done on your car Im the MAN

Muttley
11-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Nothing like a rental to practice a rotary on... oops did I burn the edge? Peter Pan BMW? lol Tinkerbell the admin there?

Challynger
11-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Nothing like a rental to practice a rotary on... oops did I burn the edge? Peter Pan BMW? lol Tinkerbell the admin there?

Great Idea! ...and WELCOME to the AG Forum!

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b589/cmg851/Screenshotfrom2013-11-09164142_zpsf8ea2e6d.png

Bill1234
11-09-2013, 04:50 PM
yes, however, I am also that "wierd" guy who maintains the loaner car. For example, I had my car's bumper and hood dented, while it was in the shop, I got a loaner. I washed, waxed and cleaned the rims up.

swanicyouth
11-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Rentals are great to break in your clay substitutes on to see if the mar paint as well.

cardaddy
11-09-2013, 11:55 PM
First, yes swirls bother me when I see them, on other cars that is. Enough so that I stop to point them out, sometimes to freaking STRANGERS. :rolleyes:

But cleaning and detailing loaner cars, as in more than a practice panel. :eek:

Man you guys are NUTS! :laughing:

Robbiek
11-10-2013, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=cardaddy;983631]First, yes swirls bother me when I see them, on other cars that is. Enough so that I stop to point them out, sometimes to freaking STRANGERS. :rolleyes:

Me too my son that is 4 can point them out he will sometime tell the person there car is dirty and they should wash it.. lol

Romans5.8
11-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Detailing loaner cars? That's a bit much for me. I once was offered a nasty loaner car with a wet stain in the center console (was sticky), and a bad odor that I found was an old McDonalds bag shoved underneath the seat, I said they were gonna have to do better than that! They did, no argue. But other than that, if it's clean? I'm good.

Good idea I suppose about practicing on the car but it is it really fair giving that we're a group of folks who demand the dealers not wash our cars for fear of putting the most minute of scratches into our paint? But we'll marr up the loaner car? Or is that just revenge for all of the cars swirled in ignorance? LOL.

I tell you what bothers me as I've learned more- defects and things on other peoples cars that I'm not driving. LOL. Only because now I realize how much better those cars can look with only a moderate amount of work (and they could look flawless with a lot of work). That, and how all of the nicer cars are swirled all to heck (the beaters aren't) from touching, rubbing, and poorly waxing them all the time.

Calendyr
11-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Yes swirls bother me no matter where they are. I use a community car service, and I am certain I am the only one washing those cars and sometimes cleaning the interiors because it drives me mad when the car is dirty.

FUNX650
11-10-2013, 07:24 AM
To be right up front with you: Not in the slightest!

Bob

jankerson
11-10-2013, 07:27 AM
They don't bother me, but I do notice them...

I think it's a shame when a really nice car is neglected, a lot of that going around....

HateSwirls
11-10-2013, 08:26 AM
My user I.D says it all. Lol
Nuff said:)

silverfox
11-10-2013, 08:44 AM
I would make a great car show judge because they don't bother me at all ...on other cars.