PDA

View Full Version : MEN-1000 - Menzerna Intro Kit

Irishwoodchuck
11-09-2013, 10:51 AM
So I just ordered this kit from auto geek and wanted to know as I dont have a machine polisher if I would be better off not doing it until I got my hands on one. Or if it is safe to go about it by hand? I really dont want to screw up my black paint
MEN-1000 - Menzerna Intro Kit

swanicyouth
11-09-2013, 11:05 AM
IIR the Menz polishes come in big bottles - your parying for that. You only need a few ozs of polish to buff out a car. So, if cost is an issue, get smaller bottles of quality polishes, like Optimum 8oz.

Yes, doing it by hand is a waste of time IMO. It can take 2 days to do it by machine on a car that's neglected. By hand? Who knows.

theblob640
11-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Yup, just wait until you get a machine. You will save a lot more time and effort with it.

ShaunD
11-09-2013, 11:26 AM
may I ask why you purchased one of the world's best machine polishes and skipped on the machine. The abrasives in Menzerna do lend themselves to working well by hand but, That isn't what they were designed for, and neither was your hand. Let me put this way. It takes several minutes to work most compounds and polishes to achieve swirl free results. And that is working a section no bigger than 2sq ft at a time. So what do you think one hand can achieve in several minutes? Just putting perspective on it.
Another important consideration is how consistent can you keep you hand compared to the consistency of a machine?
So in a not shell, don't waste your time doing more than a few RIDS by hand.
Now applying a protectant by hand or even a cleaner wax/sealant is a different story. But even those task by hand can be taxing over a whole vehicle.
What products do you have BTW? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

Irishwoodchuck
11-09-2013, 01:31 PM
DP Poli sealent
Poorboys wash
Poorboys bug remover
Meguires 26
Meguires back to black
turtle wax interior detailer
dp clay bar and lube

ShaunD
11-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Is the Menzerna 1000-intro kit with intensive polish and finish polish?

Irishwoodchuck
11-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Yes it is

ShaunD
11-11-2013, 08:19 PM
So when are you getting the machine polisher?

Irishwoodchuck
11-11-2013, 09:51 PM
I was thinking black friday

Irishwoodchuck
11-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm hoping that the polish works well on my black paint I've been reading up on soft and hard paint. But I'm hoping this polish works well as I don't know if I have soft or hard paint.

spiralout462
11-11-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm hoping that the polish works well on my black paint I've been reading up on soft and hard paint. But I'm hoping this polish works well as I don't know if I have soft or hard paint.

The test spot will tell the tale. I have never been able to achieve great results polishing by hand. It's just too hard to replicate the even, constant pressure a machine can provide. I do admire you for wanting to shine her up with or without a machine.:xyxthumbs: Just remember to perfect your technique and product choice in one small area (test spot) before you go rubbing all over the whole car.