PDA

View Full Version : New website is up! Need some advice and input!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gsrjake
11-09-2013, 10:19 AM
JC'S Automotive Detailing - Home (http://www.jcsautodetailing.net)

Right now im working on the services page, going to do some hyper link and shorten a little bit so its not so overwhelming. Let me know on everything else please thanks!

Challynger
11-09-2013, 10:36 AM
I agree with the services page. Just do a short list with links to the details. Overall, very nice! :props:

Gsrjake
11-09-2013, 11:31 AM
I agree with the services page. Just do a short list with links to the details. Overall, very nice! :props:

thank you sir!

Pureshine
11-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I agree there is to much info need to shorting up the wording. No one wants to read that much when choosing a detail package. The website looks great very nice job. One of the compliments I get on my website is that it's easy to ready and easy to navigate.

tnecniv
11-09-2013, 11:59 AM
"Basic" and "Premium" wash descriptions, you used "there" instead of "their".

"PREMIUM WASH: For customers that want a brilliant shine to there paint and premium protection."

I also agree that your services page just has A LOT to read.

Other than that, the layout and graphics look great!

feslope
11-09-2013, 12:16 PM
JC'S Automotive Detailing - Home (http://www.jcsautodetailing.net)

Right now im working on the services page, going to do some hyper link and shorten a little bit so its not so overwhelming. Let me know on everything else please thanks!+1 Short and sweet. You want the custoimers to read about as many of your services as possible. Don't attempt to answer all their questions all at once.

One point that does concern me. Background, especially your mission statement may look to some like smudges and fingerprints. I think you want to convey as clean and neat an image as possible. I think you could find a Parchment type background that would look clean and contribute to the neatness of your site.

Excellent effort. :dblthumb2:

TopThatDetail
11-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Website looks good but I feel like your basic package with a CB and wax then do and interior clean is cheap for 60dollars and 2 hours is not enough time IMO

Gsrjake
11-09-2013, 02:47 PM
"Basic" and "Premium" wash descriptions, you used "there" instead of "their".

"PREMIUM WASH: For customers that want a brilliant shine to there paint and premium protection."

I also agree that your services page just has A LOT to read.

Other than that, the layout and graphics look great!

+1 Short and sweet. You want the custoimers to read about as many of your services as possible. Don't attempt to answer all their questions all at once.

One point that does concern me. Background, especially your mission statement may look to some like smudges and fingerprints. I think you want to convey as clean and neat an image as possible. I think you could find a Parchment type background that would look clean and contribute to the neatness of your site.

Excellent effort. :dblthumb2:

Website looks good but I feel like your basic package with a CB and wax then do and interior clean is cheap for 60dollars and 2 hours is not enough time IMO
Thanks for the input everyone! Gonna start fixing everything ip

Eric@CherryOnTop
11-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Your portfolio is awesome!

In your about me section, I would leave out your age. It might turn some people off immediately and keep them from even calling you. If you can get a "foot in the door," so to speak, with a meeting an inspection of a potential clients car, this will be less of an issue since they get to see you are the real deal. Between you and me, I think it's awesome you are young and motivated and creating a career for yourself. But I've also seen your stuff on the forum.

I also feel your pricing is on the low side. I don't know the specifics of your market, but you do top quality AG worthy work and you should be compensated adequately for this.

-Eric

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Rmd
11-09-2013, 05:41 PM
I really like the layout of the site. The above comments regarding packages etc are well thought out, so I will focus more on initial impressions.

The mission statement on the front page sets a good tone, but I think the wording is a little convoluted. Suggest tightening up the sentence to something like " My mission is to make your vehicle look like it did when it first came off the lot!" Or perhaps "better than brand new." I do like the reference to the vehicle's condition when it was "on the lot" because it brings people back to that wonderful feeling of pride they had when they first bought the car and contrasts that with a feeling that the car is not in that condition anymore. Without blatantly saying it, you are telling customers that you will restore that feeling for them about their car. You are not selling shiny paint and protection, you are selling people a feeling of satisfaction, pride, and confidence related to that vehicle.

The about us page start with you being a 20 year old entrepreneur. I would drop that entirely. People who are older than that, which will be most if not all of your customers will think of you as a kid, which connotes inexperience. Saying that you have been doing this for years counteracts that somewhat, but instantly makes one realize that this experience came to a teenager. Again reinforces the impression of inexperience, even though you are experienced, its not going to come off that way in writing.

Ditto with the entrepreneur part. You certainly are one, and that is to be applauded, but your customers may well see this as a focus on business rather than the love of cars and enthusiasm for restoring that pride and satisfaction the customer wants in relation to his/her car. Remember what you are selling. If I'm a guy with a nice car who takes pride in it, I don't want to help someone build his business, I want someone who focuses on his craft first. Your "passion" language is excellent; work with that more. People will respect someone who has passion for his craft, and who views his services as an art, not a launching point for his future monetary success. In every personal services business, you are of course selling you as the provider, but only partially. People come to you because you demonstrate skill and enthusiasm for what you do, not for your money making entrepreneurial skills. Plus it could come off like you are more interested in their money than in their cars. The whole "do what you love and the money will follow" concept is something that most people respect, probably because it doesn't work out that way for most people so they respond to it in others.

Same thing with discussing other services to be offered in the future. I like the idea, but immediately makes me focus on the fact that you can't do that now and makes me think that your business is somehow deficient or incomplete. I might not have even needed that service, but you have focused me on absence, rather than presence. If a restaurant menu listed "we don't sell steak" what do immediately think of? Steak. and that you can't have one. Even if I didn't want one when I sat down, now I think that I can't have something. (the opposite might be true if you are building a buzz for something that isn't available anywhere yet. See the Black Label thread for a perfect example).

Hope some of that was helpful, disregard anything that wasn't.

Regards

Gsrjake
11-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Your portfolio is awesome!

In your about me section, I would leave out your age. It might turn some people off immediately and keep them from even calling you. If you can get a "foot in the door," so to speak, with a meeting an inspection of a potential clients car, this will be less of an issue since they get to see you are the real deal. Between you and me, I think it's awesome you are young and motivated and creating a career for yourself. But I've also seen your stuff on the forum.

I also feel your pricing is on the low side. I don't know the specifics of your market, but you do top quality AG worthy work and you should be compensated adequately for this.

-Eric

I really like the layout of the site. The above comments regarding packages etc are well thought out, so I will focus more on initial impressions.

The mission statement on the front page sets a good tone, but I think the wording is a little convoluted. Suggest tightening up the sentence to something like " My mission is to make your vehicle look like it did when it first came off the lot!" Or perhaps "better than brand new." I do like the reference to the vehicle's condition when it was "on the lot" because it brings people back to that wonderful feeling of pride they had when they first bought the car and contrasts that with a feeling that the car is not in that condition anymore. Without blatantly saying it, you are telling customers that you will restore that feeling for them about their car. You are not selling shiny paint and protection, you are selling people a feeling of satisfaction, pride, and confidence related to that vehicle.

The about us page start with you being a 20 year old entrepreneur. I would drop that entirely. People who are older than that, which will be most if not all of your customers will think of you as a kid, which connotes inexperience. Saying that you have been doing this for years counteracts that somewhat, but instantly makes one realize that this experience came to a teenager. Again reinforces the impression of inexperience, even though you are experienced, its not going to come off that way in writing.

Ditto with the entrepreneur part. You certainly are one, and that is to be applauded, but your customers may well see this as a focus on business rather than the love of cars and enthusiasm for restoring that pride and satisfaction the customer wants in relation to his/her car. Remember what you are selling. If I'm a guy with a nice car who takes pride in it, I don't want to help someone build his business, I want someone who focuses on his craft first. Your "passion" language is excellent; work with that more. People will respect someone who has passion for his craft, and who views his services as an art, not a launching point for his future monetary success. In every personal services business, you are of course selling you as the provider, but only partially. People come to you because you demonstrate skill and enthusiasm for what you do, not for your money making entrepreneurial skills. Plus it could come off like you are more interested in their money than in their cars. The whole "do what you love and the money will follow" concept is something that most people respect, probably because it doesn't work out that way for most people so they respond to it in others.

Same thing with discussing other services to be offered in the future. I like the idea, but immediately makes me focus on the fact that you can't do that now and makes me think that your business is somehow deficient or incomplete. I might not have even needed that service, but you have focused me on absence, rather than presence. If a restaurant menu listed "we don't sell steak" what do immediately think of? Steak. and that you can't have one. Even if I didn't want one when I sat down, now I think that I can't have something. (the opposite might be true if you are building a buzz for something that isn't available anywhere yet. See the Black Label thread for a perfect example).

Hope some of that was helpful, disregard anything that wasn't.

Regards
Thank you guys a lot, I honestly was thinking the same thing. For now I just deleted the "About us" section for now and I'm gonna switch up the mission section a little bit. For prices, yes they are a little low. I have raised them a little bit, it's just hard pricing things so high because no one around here really realizes the concept of everything but I still have been very profitable and slow prices are going up. Thank you everyone for your input and advice!

Eric@CherryOnTop
11-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Regarding pricing, one of the best tips from Renny Doyle's book (I thought) is to leave pricing off your website. Some people might be turned off by the pricing on the website and never call. Even still, you get the phone calls "How much to detail my (insert name of car here)?" But at least those people are picking up the phone and you are getting to explain some things to them and hopefully set up an inspection and quote.

Gsrjake
11-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Regarding pricing, one of the best tips from Renny Doyle's book (I thought) is to leave pricing off your website. Some people might be turned off by the pricing on the website and never call. Even still, you get the phone calls "How much to detail my (insert name of car here)?" But at least those people are picking up the phone and you are getting to explain some things to them and hopefully set up an inspection and quote.

Good point, I was thinking about taking the prices off on some of them and just leaving the basic prices on for the washes and etc..

jankerson
11-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Nice looking site. :)

feslope
11-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I like your selection of vehicles in your portfolio. Many sites load up with exotics and scrare away (IMO) a lot of potential business. I have had people tell me they looked for a local detailer online and it seemed to them that from the looks of the sites that most detailers were primarilly interested in exotics and luxury vehicles.