PDA

View Full Version : Paint Peeling off Subaru

arcticautodet
11-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I have an '05 Subaru with a problem. On the edge of the door I have paint peeling. Everything, paint, clear, primer is coming up. The steel is now exposed. I am afraid this will continue if not sealed right away. The person who owns it cannot get it fixed at a shop for a couple weeks. Any ideas on how to seal it in the interim?

Rsurfer
11-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I have an '05 Subaru with a problem. On the edge of the door I have paint peeling. Everything, paint, clear, primer is coming up. The steel is now exposed. I am afraid this will continue if not sealed right away. The person who owns it cannot get it fixed at a shop for a couple weeks. Any ideas on how to seal it in the interim?

Plasti Dip might work.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Opti-Coat it. This is also paintable.

swanicyouth
11-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Tape the area off. Although the whole door will need to be repainted.

arcticautodet
11-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Not sure about that plasti dip. That will be fairly visible no? The opti-coat sounds promising.

ken tuep
11-07-2013, 04:58 PM
How large is the area?? If its getting resprayed in a few weeks, I'd get some spray primer/sealer to coat it. If its smaller, then touch up paint should protect it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

arcticautodet
11-07-2013, 05:04 PM
It is fairly large. Shaped like a triangle with one tip actually peeling, about 3 inches wide at the base. Must've been a chip on the edge of the door from getting in and out of the vehicle. Then something caught it when exiting the vehicle. So Opti-Coat (a clear coat sealant), or some sort of spray. What kind of spray would you suggest?

ken tuep
11-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Actual automotive paint/ primer. Duplicolor makes tons of different colors for different makes and models.

I'm not sure if opticoat would seal and protection the metal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online