PDA

View Full Version : Diminishing look :-(

BILL
06-23-2007, 02:52 PM
I think its about time i stripped my cars of product and start over...to many coats of everything from polishes, to glazes, to sealers, to wax's, to QD'er's UGH......:( the clearcoat is very good as far as swirls and marring, but the shine is warring, its looking dead......it needs a face lift....strip down maybe with AIO and start anew.....

any suggestions??..... maybe back to UPP. and a soveran topper?Feed back please .

supercharged
06-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Strip everything down, and that's for sure.

BILL
06-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Strip everything down, and that's for sure.

I hear ya loud and clear.....:cheers:

ScottB
06-23-2007, 06:52 PM
if no swirls ... I'd hit it with a finishing pad and some Menzerna Nano, just to jewel it abit. Then the UPP/Souveran seems juicy wet, or maybe the new Poorboys Red alone for testing purposes ?!?

BILL
06-24-2007, 06:13 AM
if no swirls ... I'd hit it with a finishing pad and some Menzerna Nano, just to jewel it abit. Then the UPP/Souveran seems juicy wet, or maybe the new Poorboys Red alone for testing purposes ?!?

I've been eye balling that poor boys red.....i just may try it thanks......;)

sparkie
06-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Bill, when are we going to get some pics from you?:D

Torsion Tool
06-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Naah, just run it through a tunnel with huge extra stiff rotary drum brushes and rub dry with burlap. That should strip everything and provide ample occassion to reapply good stuff. But it may take a while.

BlackCoupe
06-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Naah, just run it through a tunnel with huge extra stiff rotary drum brushes and rub dry with burlap. That should strip everything and provide ample occassion to reapply good stuff. But it may take a while.

Then you may want to try some Bondo to fill in the swirls.

Jimmie
06-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Here's one I just got for cleaning, PB Professional Polish. Then you can use your choice of sealant over it. The PB looks, feels, and acts like VMG. The bottle says for _ _ _ _, and removal of old product build up.

BILL
06-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Bill, when are we going to get some pics from you?:D

:D :D i need a crash course in picture taking.....im trying to learn.:( .....
it wouldn't be long now:cheers: