PDA

View Full Version : Which pad for Optimum Hyper Compound?

Pages : [1] 2

nubaseal
11-07-2013, 11:57 AM
I just ordered some Optimum Hyper Compound. I have Chemical Guys Hex pads in Yellow, Orange and Black. Do I need any special pads for the hyper compound?

I read somewhere that LC Hydro Tech pads work best with these new generation compounds and polishes. Is that true?

Irishwoodchuck
11-07-2013, 07:41 PM
what did you think of the hyper compound?

Hazcat
11-07-2013, 08:12 PM
According the Optimum:
"Optimum Hyper Compound can be used at any speed on your polisher and with a wool or foam pad. When using a wool buffing pad, the compound will remove 1000 sand scratches and lighter at 1000-1400 RPM. Faster buffing speed is not needed with this product. When using a medium or heavy cut foam pad, the compound will remove 1500 sand scratches and lighter at 1000-1400 RPM. The compound works more or less aggressively depending on the pad you choose."

Lowejackson
11-08-2013, 04:21 AM
I have used the Optimum with various pads from 3M, Hexlogic, MF and Serious Performance and they worked perfectly with all of them. The Hydro pads do seem to be popular although I have not tried them

nubaseal
11-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Thanks Guys. After much deliberation, I ordered the Optimum MF Cutting Pads. Will post a review of the pads and the compound soon. If the combination is really what it claims to be(Spray-able Compound, No dust, easy to wipe off, Can increase or decrease the cut based on the pad) I will be very pleased.

Klink10
11-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks Guys. After much deliberation, I ordered the Optimum MF Cutting Pads. Will post a review of the pads and the compound soon. If the combination is really what it claims to be(Spray-able Compound, No dust, easy to wipe off, Can increase or decrease the cut based on the pad) I will be very pleased.

Curious as to what machine you have? Also, based on that, how the combination works out for you.

nubaseal
11-08-2013, 08:45 AM
I have a Dewalt Rotary.

Klink10
11-08-2013, 09:04 AM
I have a Dewalt Rotary.

Thanks. Looking forward to your result pics.

camaro2ssblack
11-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I love the OHC with their MF cutting pads - 5.5" on the PC speed 4.5 works amazing.

nubaseal
11-08-2013, 09:47 AM
I have used the Optimum with various pads from 3M, Hexlogic, MF and Serious Performance and they worked perfectly with all of them. The Hydro pads do seem to be popular although I have not tried them

Thanks. That is very re-assuring. Is it correct to say that the MF cutting pads will have the highest possible cut, only exceeded by a wool pad? I think MF pads cut more than any foam pad.

Vegas Transplant
11-13-2013, 04:39 PM
I have a Dewalt Rotary.

I just ordered some Optimum Hyper Compound. I have Chemical Guys Hex pads in Yellow, Orange and Black. Do I need any special pads for the hyper compound?

I read somewhere that LC Hydro Tech pads work best with these new generation compounds and polishes. Is that true?

Hydro Techs have known durability issue.
Even more so on the rotary, IMO.

YMMV

af90
11-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Hydro Techs have known durability issue.
Even more so on the rotary, IMO.

YMMV

I learned the hard way they can't take much pressure or a pad cleaning brush. Well according to LC.

Vegas Transplant
11-13-2013, 05:13 PM
IME on both da and rb, they wear out too quickly.

VP Mark
11-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Optimum MF cutting pads of course :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Hazcat
11-14-2013, 01:19 AM
MF cutting pad works well. Keep your air hose close by and blow the pad off after each section for good results. If you don't the MFibers will just lay down and not cut well and the finish will be cloudy.