PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Detailing Product and forum Recommendations!

statusdetailing
11-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Hello Geeks.

I have been dabbling in aircraft detailing and would like to get serious about it.

I've been doing some small jobs, mostly polishing out aluminum leading edges etc for Worldwide Aircraft Services in Springfield, Mo.

They called me in to the hanger to look around this morning and were interested in me doing more polishing (on a larger scale), waxing/sealing and some interior work.

I'm not completely stupid when it comes to planes, but don't really know a lot. My dad has a degree in aviation science, but hasn't worked on or flew planes in quite a few years.

Could someone please point me in the right direction for products and forums?

I was on the FAA site and read through a chapter on aircraft cleaning and corrosion control.

Worldwide Aircraft Services is well known and seems to do exceptional work, so I want to make this happen!

Help me out guys!

warrior151
11-08-2013, 08:38 PM
As you know certain cleaning compounds corrode the aluminum as well will eat away other parts of the aircraft....take a look at Nuvite....this is one of the Boeing approved aircraft waxes/polishers. I use these products to polish single stage general aviation planes. Others products like Simple Green Aircraft Cleaner is good for prepping areas prior to polishing.

However I have used Megs and Chemical Guys with great results. I worked with an A&P mechanic and some FAA reps and all have said these products are safe though not tested with aircraft manufacturers....

Good forums for aircraft stuff is Piper Owners and AOPA...great information for you to look at...

Hope this helps....oh and have plenty of pads and a good creeper to get underneath!!

Piper Warrior Driver....

statusdetailing
11-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Thanks so much man. I was thinking about nuvite. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tips

Pureshine
11-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Speed wax, Clear blue, Sootmaster, dry wash pro, prisk.