PDA

View Full Version : Weird ....FG 400

Pages : [1] 2

luv a shine
11-06-2013, 08:53 PM

Today I did a two step on the teal Nissan cube. The FG 400 was drying really fast and sticking to the paint. I had to use CG luber to get it of the paint.

Two bucket wash
Nano skin mit
Dryer WW
Rupes 21/ FG 400/MF cutting pad
Rupes 21/ Menz 4000/ ccs white pad
Jet seal 109 / hand

hernandez.art13
11-06-2013, 09:25 PM
What do you think made it stick?

GeraldRooney
11-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I had the same problem with Menz2500. I believe what caused it for me was that I used opti-clean which is a waterless wash on the vehicle before polishing. I will not be using a WW before polishing ever again instead I will stick with simple megs quick detailer. Again I could be wrong but my guess is that some of the WW protective residue causes the polish to gunk up.

This does not have anything really to do with your problem but just something similar that happened to me.

Pureshine
11-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Never had that problem that's very odd.

mbkite
11-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Try poorboys pro polish on it you can even get the 5 dollar sample and have enough for 2 cars ..
I have sticky paint also and u will be amazed.

VP Mark
11-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Try poorboys pro polish on it you can even get the 5 dollar sample and have enough for 2 cars ..
I have sticky paint also and u will be amazed.

I have a whole 32 oz. Of this product setting around. If you want to try it pay the shipping and its yours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Never had that issue before and I use it a lot.

Maybe you over used it?

lawrenceSA
11-07-2013, 01:34 AM
What machine were you using
What speed were you working it at
What was the weather like (heat/humidity/wind etc)
How big an area were you working at a time
How much product were you using
Did you prime your pad properly

All of these factors could effect how the polish is 'behaving'.

In my experience it does not like to be worked at a high speed

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
11-07-2013, 07:52 AM
I've had this issue when I used too much product. Also, it's difficult to remove if you do not work the compound long enough.

luv a shine
11-07-2013, 07:59 AM
What machine were you using
What speed were you working it at
What was the weather like (heat/humidity/wind etc)
How big an area were you working at a time
How much product were you using
Did you prime your pad properly

All of these factors could effect how the polish is 'behaving'.

In my experience it does not like to be worked at a high speed

Rupes 21 speed 5
Weather : clean sky's 70f
80% humidity

lawrenceSA
11-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Then in my opinion, either you were working it at too high a speed (FG 400 likes to be worked at speed 3 to 4 on a DA [not sure of how that equates to the Rupes?]), or were using too much product, or were not working the product long enough

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Then in my opinion, either you were working it at too high a speed (FG 400 likes to be worked at speed 3 to 4 on a DA [not sure of how that equates to the Rupes?]), or were using too much product, or were not working the product long enough

Agreed.

If I run FG400 at speed 6 on my 3401 it becomes useless after two passes and becomes very hard to remove.

Audios S6
11-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Weather : clean sky's 70f
80% humidity

Why don't you just rub it in......25f overnight here.

How much of your bottle of fg400 is left? Are you perhaps getting down to a small amount and the product consistency is changing? Have you used it since with no issues?

Was there a substantial amount of oxidation that could have been gumming up the compound?

Was the issue immediately evident, or only occured when you tried to wipe it off?

luv a shine
11-07-2013, 09:33 AM
There is about 13 oz left

zmcgovern45
11-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Sounds like too much product and too much heat... I have never had an issue like this with FG400, even when using it in the middle of the summer. I prime the pad and add 2 pea size drops for my working product per section. Clean the pad often and change to a new pad when needed. When a pad gets saturated, any product will become hard to work with. Also, as mentioned, be sure to fully work the product. It should be easy to wipe away (mostly) and should finish down very well.