PDA

View Full Version : Silver metallic paint questions

Russ57
11-06-2013, 06:21 PM
I have two questions that are bothering me before I embark on my first paint correction attempt.

First, I have a number of scratches, I think from tree branches, on the roof of a 2008 Vibe. They aren't too bad as I did get some out using ScratchX applied by hand. Big problem is I can't see them!!! ROFL....okay that sounds ridiculous to me too. I did see them in a particular lighting condition so I know there are there and so they must be addressed. Problem is I can't figure out how to see them when I go to do my "test spot". Any suggestions? They only show up in dim light.

Second, I have one long and deep scratch. It is like what you'd see when someone keys a car. My daughter hit a mailbox and caused it. This isn't going to be compounded/polished out. It has to be filled. Some reading has left me with the impression that such repairs on silver metallic paint stick out like a sore thumb. I can't afford to repaint the rear door and rear panel. Should I attempt to dap paint in the scratch, wet sand and compound.......or should I not waste my time and save my money for a paint job?

Rest assured I have a billion other questions.

HateSwirls
11-06-2013, 06:29 PM
If can catch the scratch with you finger nail then there's not much you could do to remove them, repaint may be the only way to rid of them.
Now the light scratches and swirls can be removed using the right product and machine.