PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Seems to work

Pages : [1] 2 3

ZachGrzelak
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
So recently I bought a pc 7424xp along with high end car care products. I'm using wolfgang swirl remover with a hex logic foam cutting pad. After spending 45 min on a 2x2 foot section the swirls are still there. I've watched nearly every video on how to do this, but I can't seem to get it right. Can I us a DA to buff out sanding marks if I decided to wet sand the whole vehicle? Please help, I'm extremely frustrated and rather crash my car then look at it with swirls in it. I will upload pictures if that helps/

allenk4
11-06-2013, 03:48 PM
WGTSR will remove 2000 grit scratches.

Anything worse than that will require a more aggressive compound like Meguiar's M105 or Menzerna FG400.

Some of the more experienced Forum Members can chime in on Wet Sanding

You will get much better advice if you include pictures in your posts.

davidg
11-06-2013, 03:49 PM
What size pads? If 6.5 you're losing a little cut there.

Probably most likely your technique though. Any way to post a video of what you're doing?

ZachGrzelak
11-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I will post a video tomorrow. I'm using 5.5 pads from chemical guys. I tried the wolfgang swirl remover and that didn't work. So I bough 3m machine polish and that didn't worth either. I have a bottle of Meguiar's heavy cut cleaner, but it says it's for a rotary.

davidg
11-06-2013, 04:04 PM
What kind of car? Color? Are you making any progress with the paint condition?

ZachGrzelak
11-06-2013, 04:14 PM
It's a black vw gti, in some spots it looks good, but when I turn on my assistive light on my phone and it look terrible. I'm pretty sure I'm going the correct speed and I'm not pressing too hard. I've spend nearly $200 in products trying to get these out and nothing is working

Pureshine
11-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Where are you located. I have a white GTI and use FG400 with good results with a MF pads.

ZachGrzelak
11-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Here is the products I am using. I will put more pictures and a video of my process on tomorrow
http://i.imgur.com/Ye6iz23.png

allenk4
11-06-2013, 04:46 PM
I only see one of the Hex Logic Pads....that may be the problem

Search "Cleaning on the Fly" post by Mike Phillips

Success
11-06-2013, 04:48 PM
WGTSR 3.0 should remove your swirls. Try this: cut test spot down to 18"x18" or 12x12. Use SLOWER arm movement than you THINK you need. Next you said you arent pressing too hard. You need some downward pressure with the PC. Mark your backing plate so you can see it spin. Now push hard on your paint until it stops rotating. Ease up slowly until it a rotating again. That is how much pressure you need. Now combine that with your SLOWER. Than you THINK arm movement and you should be fine. Also cut back on your polish. You don't need that much at all after the pad is primed.
After the swirls are gone you might see some micro marring (smaller, finer swirls) when you look with a light. You will need to follow up with a finer polish.

Hope this helps. I felt like you when I first tried polishing. Keep at it.

pikiki
11-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Excuse my question but did the pad you using is brand new? or you had use it before? if it used did you wash and dry it?
I know some dudes screwed their pads doing the above (W&D) some foam pads if not all losing their capabilities of doing it works by W&D.
Just in case I am throwing this out.

ZachGrzelak
11-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks what would you recommend for a finer polish? 

ZachGrzelak
11-06-2013, 05:03 PM
The pad was brand new and I did a light spray of water to soften it. I cleaned the pad by rinsing it and letting it air out before I used it again

custmsprty
11-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks what would you recommend for a finer polish?

The Menzerna 400/4500 combo is excellent. My adivice would be to stick with one system and not jump from mfg to mfg. With the sema deal they are running right now you could get one of the kits.

I also really like the Wolfgang combos, they were made in conjunction with Menzerna.

Success
11-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Try wg finishing glaze 3.0. (I think that's it). It's referred to as the Wolfgang twins.