PDA

View Full Version : New meguiars products

Pages : [1] 2

KillaCam
11-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Anyone check out their new stuff? I see they have xtra cut mf pads. How much more cut does one need?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/habanu4a.jpg

FPEvo
11-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Interest in the new mf and polish

zmcgovern45
11-06-2013, 11:26 AM
xtra cut discs sound promising.

BeachZone
11-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Tire coating I see?? hmmm

-Beach

Audios S6
11-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Another addition to the color changing wheel cleaner family. Looks like it's approaching half the price of SFE and IX.

I'm curious what others think of this. A mercaptoacetate product marketed to the general public. I have to imagine most consumers will buy it based on branding, spray it once, smell it and toss it in the trash and go back to hot rims or eagle one without a second though.

I'll be curious to see if it works anywhere near as good as SFE or IX at it's price point. Will be nice to have this product locally in a pinch even if it it's not up to par.

DRT BRD
11-06-2013, 11:47 AM
If I had to guess, the extra cut discs will have minimal foam and more of a "hard plastic" or stiffer backing to support the cut. At least there were some in the beta testing version that we're leveling orange peel similar to the car pro velvet and denim pads. DEFECT MONSTER. We shall see

RaskyR1
11-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Those who attended the NXTi class at Meguiars a little over a year ago actually got to use/test an erlier version on the new D302 polish. It performed very good in the class but it has been tweaked since then, so I'm pretty excited to use it.

I got a sample of the released stuff yesterday and I'm going to head over to the shop tonight to do some testing on my test panels. :props:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Raskyr1/null_zpsa5549ff6.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Raskyr1/media/null_zpsa5549ff6.jpg.html)

Pureshine
11-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Can't wait to try the new pads and D302 :)

FUNX650
11-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Another addition to the color changing wheel cleaner family.

I'm curious what others think of this.

A mercaptoacetate product marketed to the general public.
I have to imagine most consumers will
buy it based on branding,

"Rub A DUB DUB"...

:)

Bob

RaskyR1
11-06-2013, 12:02 PM
If I had to guess, the extra cut discs will have minimal foam and more of a "hard plastic" or stiffer backing to support the cut. At least there were some in the beta testing version that we're leveling orange peel similar to the car pro velvet and denim pads. DEFECT MONSTER. We shall see

The extra cut discs basically have no foam backing...MOL has a picture showing side by side if you want to see them. I found they do cut noticeably more, but they don't work as well on curved panels. I mainly used them for spot hitting RIDS or on flatter panels when I want/need more cut. I think you get a little more vibration coming through the tool too since you don't have the foam absorbing some of it.

stilltipping3
11-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Megs is all around a good company. Pricing, products, availability, and results. They are the standard we compare to. Like the Hondas or Toyotas of cars. Just sayin :goodjob2:

DRT BRD
11-06-2013, 12:11 PM
The extra cut discs basically have no foam backing...MOL has a picture showing side by side if you want to see them. I found they do cut noticeably more, but they don't work as well on curved panels. I mainly used them for spot hitting RIDS or on flatter panels when I want/need more cut. I think you get a little more vibration coming through the tool too since you don't have the foam absorbing some of it.

:xyxthumbs:

Wors
11-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I can't wait to hear your thoughts Rasky.

Those who attended the NXTi class at Meguiars a little over a year ago actually got to use/test an erlier version on the new D302 polish. It performed very good in the class but it has been tweaked since then, so I'm pretty excited to use it.

I got a sample of the released stuff yesterday and I'm going to head over to the shop tonight to do some testing on my test panels. :props:

Calendyr
11-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Can't wait to see Mike's videos on these products.

Seems like those new disks would be a good combo with the Rupes 21 to remove RIDS.

Matt-erhorn
11-06-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm really excited for the DUB wheel cleaner to see how it performs. I'm also really interested in trying the D302.