PDA

View Full Version : 303 aero glare

michelliot
11-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Love 303 aerospace protectant except it's leaving too much shine on the windshield deck of the dashboard. How can I tone it down while maintaining its protection characteristics. I read with another product to spray that with water afterwards and wet buff it after a minute or so to keep the shine down. Being water based could this process decrease 303s effectiveness? The surface on the deck is either coated leather or leatherette.

thanks and be well............ellliot

Flash Gordon
11-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Love 303 aerospace protectant except it's leaving too much shine on the windshield deck of the dashboard. How can I tone it down while maintaining its protection characteristics. I read with another product to spray that with water afterwards and wet buff it after a minute or so to keep the shine down. Being water based could this process decrease 303s effectiveness? The surface on the deck is either coated leather or leatherette.

thanks and be well............ellliot

I never apply dressings to dashboards for this very reason

If you choose to continue this method try watering down your product

mjd91
11-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Have you tried buffing with a clean micro-fiber?

wdmaccord
11-06-2013, 11:58 AM
+1^^

Try dry buffing it with a MF. I've found this gets me to a satin level. next would be to buff it with a damp MF. that should get you to more matte finish. this should not compromise the uv protection.

Desertnate
11-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Agreed.

I use 303 on the entire interior of all my cars and never have any shine problems. Once I buff it off, it leave a nice matte finish that makes the interior bits look new.

If there is that much shine, you might be putting it on way to thick too. When spraying product in a MF towel and then wiping it on the surface I get a wet look, but not a reflective shine. The only time I've experienced that with 303 is when using the wipes...which I'm not fond of for that reason.

07gtcs
11-06-2013, 12:57 PM
I use a microfiber applicator when I use it and works great, not to much shine.

BrianMcLeod
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Agreed.

I use 303 on the entire interior of all my cars and never have any shine problems. Once I buff it off, it leave a nice matte finish that makes the interior bits look new.

If there is that much shine, you might be putting it on way to thick too. When spraying product in a MF towel and then wiping it on the surface I get a wet look, but not a reflective shine. The only time I've experienced that with 303 is when using the wipes...which I'm not fond of for that reason.

Same here I use it it is a wet look let it sit and then buff of with MP towel or do all of the car and come back with a clean MF to buff

BrianMcLeod
11-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I use a microfiber applicator when I use it and works great, not to much shine.

Does a applicator work better then a MF towel?

mjd91
11-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Personal preference :xyxthumbs:

07gtcs
11-06-2013, 02:43 PM

Spits the applicator, apply...done. If needed, buff with dry MF towel. I find it easier to move the applicator around on the dash and in tight places.

FUNX650
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Used properly...
One of these should stop any glare that may occur from 'dressing-products' on dashes:

Dashboard cover, Dashboard covers, Dash cover, Dash covers, Dashmat, dash mat, dash mats, Suedemat, Suedemats, Suede mat, Suede mats, Velourmat, (http://www.autogeek.net/dashmat-dashboard-covers.html)

Bob

michelliot
11-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Don't need a cover, there's not that much glare. Only when the angle is right the glare from direct sun is reflected onto the windshield. I will try sprinkling with water and removing with MF towel........thanks.....I'll keep you informed......elliot