PDA

View Full Version : hand applicators

Torsion Tool
06-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Even the on line shops and enclosed product literature have conflicting recommendations and pictures. While it may not make a big difference, what do you all use for different products? Of terry, foam and MF, which do you prefer for sealants, glazes, polishes, waxes, et cetera? How do you prep them, QD, ONR, 4-1, water, dedicated pump spray(XMT)? Just curious.

ScottB
06-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I use the foam applicators for most everything applied by hand, and MF for removal. Only polish with PC and pads.

richy
06-23-2007, 12:31 PM
I use the foam applicators for most everything applied by hand, and MF for removal. Only polish with PC and pads.
+1 with the addition of rotary as an option for PC

Jimmie
06-23-2007, 12:32 PM

:iagree: and do the same. I prep the foam with a QD for paste wax only.

Al-53
06-23-2007, 04:55 PM
I use the Polishing pal with a black CCS pad....or blue....even the megs yellow ones stick to it...the polishing pal makes a world of difference.....no finger cramps..flying pads....and even pressure all around so you get a nice even coat....I just got some of the 4" red ccs pads for a cyclo that fit it...they are very soft....

Best money spent was on the polishing pal....

Wolfgang Polishin’ Pal is an ergonomically shaped urethane handle that holds specially designed foam pads using hooks & loops. (http://www.autogeek.net/polishing-pal.html)

you can do spot polishing..scratch removal...glass polishing inside...

Its a nice tool....

Al

Ong~Bak
06-23-2007, 07:04 PM
I use the Polishing pal with a black CCS pad....or blue....even the megs yellow ones stick to it...the polishing pal makes a world of difference.....no finger cramps..flying pads....and even pressure all around so you get a nice even coat....I just got some of the 4" red ccs pads for a cyclo that fit it...they are very soft....

Best money spent was on the polishing pal....

Wolfgang Polishin’ Pal is an ergonomically shaped urethane handle that holds specially designed foam pads using hooks & loops. (http://www.autogeek.net/polishing-pal.html)

you can do spot polishing..scratch removal...glass polishing inside...

Its a nice tool....

Al

:iagree: I use the polishing pal for everything, for removal microfiber. XMT pad conditioner :cheers:

Truls
06-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Polishing pal on me too, MF for removal

Got some new red "hand" pads in order

sparkie
06-24-2007, 07:19 AM
:iagree: yep yep!!

ScottB
06-24-2007, 08:03 AM
my wife confiscated my polishing pal, she uses it with the pads on the ceramic burners from kitchen stove.

Torsion Tool
06-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Not yet being totally proficient with the PC there are some contours I just can't reach with the machine. Guess I'll pony up for the doohickey to spare my poor arthritic hands. How well will it work on the Klasse twins?

ricka
06-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Also big fan of the Pal...very easy on the hands and apply DG 105 with it as well.

Not sure what to use the white, yellow and orange pads for though...only use the grey and blue so far.

Any answers?

Ong~Bak
06-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Also big fan of the Pal...very easy on the hands and apply DG 105 with it as well.

Not sure what to use the white, yellow and orange pads for though...only use the grey and blue so far.

Any answers?

Use the orange pads to apply polishes and swirl removers.

The yellow cutting pad addresses severe paint defects, such as oxidation and severe swirls. The foam is denser than the orange pad and has a greater ability to level paint. Use swirl removers with this pad.

The white polishing foam is excellent for applying pre-wax cleaners and finishing polishes. The foam has light cleaning ability to help polishes clean and brighten the paint more effectively.

Taken from : Pinnacle Polishin’ Pal is an ergonomically shaped urethane handle that holds specially designed foam pads using tough hook & loop backing. (http://www.autogeek.net/pinpp.html)

:cheers:

ricka
06-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks Ong...

I did read the website pad descriptions but figured people might have had different experiences...

Ong~Bak
06-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I have used the blue for wax, Grey for glaze, white for pinn AFP did a woundeful job. I have some compound and swirl remover coming so I will use the orange and yellow pads for that and see how it works...

:cheers:

ricka
06-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks again. I have a new car so only have used the blue for wax, grey for sealant/polish. Was just curious where the others came in. Appreciated the response.