PDA

View Full Version : Wheel and tire coating pricing

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-06-2013, 06:31 AM
If I may, I would like to ask what you detailers are charging for Coating wheels only.

I may start coating wheels with Opti-Coat and tires with Tuff shine. What is a ballpark figure on what you guys charge for this service?

TroyScherer
11-06-2013, 06:43 AM
For OC I have been charging $100 a wheel. This includes pulling them off and doing a full decon and coating the entire wheel. For me its all the time and work required to do them, since I don't have a lift to make it easier. If I had a list I might consider making $75 a wheel then $25 for the Tuff Shine. Currently I don't offer Tuff shine to customers.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-06-2013, 06:51 AM
For OC I have been charging $100 a wheel. This includes pulling them off and doing a full decon and coating the entire wheel. For me its all the time and work required to do them, since I don't have a lift to make it easier. If I had a list I might consider making $75 a wheel then $25 for the Tuff Shine. Currently I don't offer Tuff shine to customers.

And if they are brought to you by themselves would the price change? Here in Germany it is normal to swap out the summer and winter wheels and tires.

TroyScherer
11-06-2013, 07:03 AM
And if they are brought to you by themselves would the price change? Here in Germany it is normal to swap out the summer and winter wheels and tires.

I might consider consider $50 a wheel for Coating and $20-25 for Tuff Shine. The big thing for me is to not undersell my services & time. As detailing is a side / hobby, when doing it for pay I always want to make a certain amount of money per hour for my time.

I think Chad (Rasky) and some other pros that do this all the time will have some better answers.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-06-2013, 08:51 AM
I might consider consider $50 a wheel for Coating and $20-25 for Tuff Shine. The big thing for me is to not undersell my services & time. As detailing is a side / hobby, when doing it for pay I always want to make a certain amount of money per hour for my time.

I think Chad (Rasky) and some other pros that do this all the time will have some better answers.

Thanks for the feedback Troy.

Would like to hear from others as well.

Vegas Transplant
11-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Good day Mike!
Hope that you're dealing well with the colder temps. I shudder to think...literally :)
Are these to be stand alone services?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Good day Mike!
Hope that you're dealing well with the colder temps. I shudder to think...literally :)
Are these to be stand alone services?

Hey VT!
Doing ok I guess. Still trying to get used to the weather.
I believe they will be stand alone services. I won't have the time to get the car and wheels done all in one shot. However I may do their car one weekend and the wheels the following. Maybe

jloha312
11-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Do you have any experience with using a product called PlastiDip? I read you can use this spray to protect wheels and it creates a rubber coating that can be peeled off when you don't want it anymore. I always swap my wheels with a winter set but I was thinking this could be a good alternative for protection.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Do you have any experience with using a product called PlastiDip? I read you can use this spray to protect wheels and it creates a rubber coating that can be peeled off when you don't want it anymore. I always swap my wheels with a winter set but I was thinking this could be a good alternative for protection.

I don't have any experience with the stuff nor do I want to. I would have to mask everything off then spray. The shop or bay that I am going to use while here isn't my own. Besides I don't think my future clients would want a rubber wheel coating as opposed to a permanent clear coating on a potentially 100k BMW.

Why not just decon, clay, and coat with Opti Coat? This would up far better than a rubber coating.

Thanks for the alternative coating recommendation. Just won't work for me.